Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:06 PM

8 posts, read 30,489 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from Missouri to NoVa in August. My husband will work in Manassas with the possiblity of a one year assignment in DC sometime in the future. I work part time from home. We will be looking in the Haymarket, Bristow and Nokesville areas due to the quality of the elementary schools and the home prices.

We have a 1st grader and a 3 year old. I am looking for good preschools in the area so my daughter will have a good program 2 to 3 days a week. Do have any preschools you can recommend? Is it impossible to get into a program that starts in the fall at this late date?

Where we live now, we also have Parent Day Out programs where you can bring your child for a few hours each day or several days a week and you do not need a reservation. Are there any options like that in the cities I mentioned? Thanks a bunch for reading and replying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,325,339 times
There is a very good preschool called Haymarket Baptist Church in Haymarket. Also there are a lot of homes in the Town of Haymarket as well. Also the Town has it's own police department too. Also it's close to all the major shopping outlets like Target and Lowe's. There's plenty to do and soon to be a VRE station in the town as well. The VRE is a commuter train that goes to DC.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 12,549 times
Default Preschool in Haymarket

Yes, I just shared with someone else how my sister is so very pleased with St. Paul's School in Haymarket. It is a preschool and an elementary school --through 2nd grade I think.. I'm not sure. But she was thrilled to get her daughter into the school. It has a phenomenal reputation. It is a Christian school with a solid reputation. It uses the ABeka curriculum and Handwriting Without Tears. The teachers are all have impressive credentials.

A neighbor of mine said that parents have lined up around the block trying waiting to get their child registered there. So it has an excellent reputation.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:49 PM

3 posts, read 12,549 times
I just looked up the phone number of St. Paul's School for you--703-754-1948. Good luck!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 AM

6 posts, read 22,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurilee Wellington View Post
Yes, I just shared with someone else how my sister is so very pleased with St. Paul's School in Haymarket. It is a preschool and an elementary school --through 2nd grade I think.. I'm not sure. But she was thrilled to get her daughter into the school. It has a phenomenal reputation. It is a Christian school with a solid reputation. It uses the ABeka curriculum and Handwriting Without Tears. The teachers are all have impressive credentials.

A neighbor of mine said that parents have lined up around the block trying waiting to get their child registered there. So it has an excellent reputation.
I agree. St. Paul's in Haymarket has a great preschool and school. I hear they will add third grade next year. Not soon enough. My daughter is in third grade this year. Definitely try to make it in...even if they are full...get on their waiting list.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 AM

9 posts, read 34,616 times
Exclamation St. Paul's School Kindergarten

Quote:

Yes it does and wish we had registred our son for their 3-year old program two years ago. It would have been so much easier to get him admitted and registered into their kindergarten program. Today if you don't take the right steps early your child can miss out. We heard about the almost guarantee that a child will go from St. Paul's into a public school GT program. We missed out as we were too late. You shld try to get into the program when your kid is age 3 or 4. Don't wait till he reaches kindergarten. It is too late.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 15,874 times
Default St Pauls School and preschool

Quote:
I just looked up the phone number of St. Paul's School for you--703-754-1948. Good luck!
If you can get into St. Paul's you got lucky, we just got on their waiting list. But thanks for the phone number!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM

6 posts, read 16,170 times
Default St. Paul's School

Thanks for all the info. We just registered for St. Paul's 2-year old program and we were told we are automatically in for next fall's 3-year old program! We heard about this school from a friend in Utah. So happy we're in!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:02 PM

10 posts, read 21,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Delaney View Post
I agree. St. Paul's in Haymarket has a great preschool and school. I hear they will add third grade next year. Not soon enough. My daughter is in third grade this year. Definitely try to make it in...even if they are full...get on their waiting list.
Thanks. We have rec'd many recommendations about St. Paul's in Haymarket and reading yours has pushed us to call and get on their waiting list. We do not want to put our kid in public school unless we have to.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:04 PM

10 posts, read 21,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llangley238 View Post
Thanks for all the info. We just registered for St. Paul's 2-year old program and we were told we are automatically in for next fall's 3-year old program! We heard about this school from a friend in Utah. So happy we're in!
Post script: They do have room in their 3s program. Just called last week. At least for their monday, wednesday, friday program they had room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: