Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 04:48 PM

3 posts, read 20,183 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm in a real bad situation (unsafe conditions for my children) with my current lease and I'm thinking about exercising the military clause to get an assignment to Fort Belvoir. What is the wait list like for an O2? What is the housing like for O2s? I'm a little concerned that my landlord is going to give me a bad referral (part of the Belvoir Housing Application Packet) due to the negative situation with the housing and our right to exercise the military provision; do you know how much weight they put on the referral? Thanks!

Seriously stressed out, D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:33 AM

10 posts, read 49,962 times
Have you checked with Legal? They can help you with your situation. If you feel unsafe for your children, do what you have to do! I can't tell you about the wait for an 02, we were offered housing in a newer area but the wait was 30 days but we opted to buy.
Good luck!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
Just some quick advice based on my 20 or so years in uniform:

ALWAYS get on the housing wait list as soon as you can, no matter where you go.

I know that BAH is high here, but you'll never know what you're giving up in terms of location, housing, security, etc unless you get on the list and get offered a set of quarters.

As for your current situation, be careful, most landlords here know the military clause better than the JAG folks. When I had a situation where I wanted to move, I just paid the fee, broke the lease and counted my losses in terms of gas and time savings.

Good luck. Some of this new housing going up is amazing. You're in the sweet spot for housing too. They target the mid-grade enlisted and the junior to mid-grade officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia