Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 35,122 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where the nightlife is in Arlington and Alexandria?
Or does all the nightlife happen in Adams Morgan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,633,354 times
No the nightlife is all over. In Arlington there are quite a few bars in the Clarendon area, namely along Wilson Blvd. I'm personally a big fan of Whitlows, Mr Days, and Clarendon Ballroom. There are great night spots in Georgetown, Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle/ the U St. Corridor, Capitol Hill, Penn Quarter, etc. I'm not overly familiar with nightlife in Alexandria outside Old Town, but I'm sure there are some other great places there as well.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:34 AM

8 posts, read 35,122 times
How is driving into downtown and arlington at night time?
Is the metro safe to use at night?
Thanks a bunch

Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 AM

The Metro is very safe to use at night going to any of these neighborhoods. I live in Arlington and usually walk to the places in Clarendon but if going into DC, I always just hop on the Metro. The last train tp VA on the Orange Line usually leaves between 230 and 245, if you miss it there are cabs galore. That is usually how I get home.

Parking can be VERY difficult to find in any of the above mentioned neighborhoods, so I never drive during a night out on the town. For that and obvious other reasons. Hope this helps.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM

261 posts, read 1,668,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneeratheart View Post
The Metro is very safe to use at night going to any of these neighborhoods. I live in Arlington and usually walk to the places in Clarendon but if going into DC, I always just hop on the Metro. The last train tp VA on the Orange Line usually leaves between 230 and 245, if you miss it there are cabs galore. That is usually how I get home.

Parking can be VERY difficult to find in any of the above mentioned neighborhoods, so I never drive during a night out on the town. For that and obvious other reasons. Hope this helps.
Just for clarification, the Metro only runs until 2-3 am on Fridays and Saturdays, otherwise it's 11 pm to 12 am-ish.

But yeah, the Metro is pretty darn safe and all of the neighborhoods along the Orange Line in Arlington are safe enough for a woman to walk home alone unless you live far off the main drag (FFX drive or Clarendon/Wilson Blvd). Even then you're safer than in DC.

The most happening nightlife in north Arlington (Orange Line) is in Clarendon or Courthouse. Clarendon caters to a slightly younger crowd than Courthouse (25 vs 35). Ballston has some semi-decent places and Rosslyn has one or two venues.

To me, the night life in Arlington is much less pretentious than in DC, but some of my friends firmly disagree with me.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb124 View Post
Just for clarification, the Metro only runs until 2-3 am on Fridays and Saturdays, otherwise it's 11 pm to 12 am-ish.

But yeah, the Metro is pretty darn safe and all of the neighborhoods along the Orange Line in Arlington are safe enough for a woman to walk home alone unless you live far off the main drag (FFX drive or Clarendon/Wilson Blvd). Even then you're safer than in DC.

The most happening nightlife in north Arlington (Orange Line) is in Clarendon or Courthouse. Clarendon caters to a slightly younger crowd than Courthouse (25 vs 35). Ballston has some semi-decent places and Rosslyn has one or two venues.

To me, the night life in Arlington is much less pretentious than in DC, but some of my friends firmly disagree with me.
Yeah sorry about that, usually when I go out in DC it's on a Friday or Saturday night so I'm always referencing the 2-3 am train runnings for those nights. I also agree with you that the nightlife in Arlington is a little less pretentious than in DC...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:35 AM

593 posts, read 2,443,224 times
I live near Court House metro, and it is such a nice safe place to go out. Everyone has their preferences, but I like to hang out in Arlington (Clarendon Blvd/Wilson) if I'm in more of a chill-out mood, or if I only want to go out for a few hours. Don't get me wrong - there are definitely bars that are hopping in Clarendon, but it is a different scene.

Then I go to DC / Adams Morgan / Dupont area if I'm in the mood for staying out longer for a night-on-the-town type of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia