Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:21 AM

10 posts, read 98,498 times

Advertisements

HOME IN MCLEAN (HIM): my wife and i are federal employees, so we don't have much time for 2nd job working for a builder; though we could always use the extra money. my posts have been about direct personal experience researching for a builder; choosing a builder (ANV), and building. on the other hand, you (HIM) have not yet completed your research, made a decision NOR built a home with any of the builders that you claim to know so much about.

as i stated in my earlier post; the competing builders gave us their "sell job" and said ANV took long to build. that was not our experience. we did learn that ANV almost always builds larger homes than the other guys. so i guess you can build a 2000 sq. ft. home quicker than our 5000+ sq.ft.; only makes sense.

ANV has been building for 9 years. easy to determine (not sure why HIM would simply lie about that fact). and as far as "bigger is better" and somehow safer? that's just stupid, given what we have all seen on Wall St. and our buddies at AIG. we were ATTRACTED to ANV because they DID NOT have any debt in land, subdivision, model homes, or other junk.

best of luck HOME IN MCLEAN, keep drinking the "cool aid" that you have been served. i think the readers "get it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 15,534 times
Be careful what you read on this posting - some postings are not from customers or potential customers at all.
I worked for another builder that is listed on these postings. I can tell you with experience in the market - New Dimensions has been the best employer for me personally, they are organized which they have to be with 46 homes currently under construction and more coming out soon from the county. We take great care of our customers and there is a reason that our referral rate is so high compared to other builders in the market. Look beyond the fluff of all of the standard features and look behind the walls of construction. It may not be all that it appears.... when you compare customer service, timeliness of construction completion and quality of our homes - New Dimensions is hard to beat as we are the market leaders for On-Your-Lot Building at a great price.

See the difference - our website is New Dimensions Inc..

"Experience the Experience"

Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 AM

I think you are right ---

Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Keep in mind that New Dimensions is the only Build on Your Lot Home Builder that offers standard Energy Star Certification. Others say they build their homes in this manner - we actually have the home tested under the guidelines of the federal program and the homeowner is given a certificate. Energy Star Certified homes are 25% more efficient than homes that are not built in this manner. New Dimensions uses high quality products that we can attest to....our competitors love to talk about us ---- see for yourself why New Dimensions is the largest Custom On Your Lot Homebuilder in Northern Virginia with almost 50% of our annual business coming from prior customers that have built with us.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,775 times
Default NDI home experience?

Has anyone heard about or experienced poor home quality issues with NDI as the builder? comments by some folks in this thread have me concerned (we're thinking about an NDI home).

Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Default Information on New DImensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlington1800 View Post
Has anyone heard about or experienced poor home quality issues with NDI as the builder? comments by some folks in this thread have me concerned (we're thinking about an NDI home).
We'd be glad to give you references - We've built over 100 homes just in Arlington alone in 23 years in business. Here are just a few:

Fairlington - 16th Street South

Berkshire Models

2604 North Powhatan St
3421 North 17th Street
548 North Piedmont Street
2914 South 18th Street
2425 North Dickerson Street
5322 5th Street North
630 South Barton Street
3507 16th Street South
403 North Fillmore St

Cherrydale
5611 North 26th Street

Warrenton B Model
24 North Highland Street

Westover Model
3815 14th Street South

Alleghany Model
1816 North Quincy Street
5130 North 9th Street

Hastings Model
5213 North 32nd Street

Makin Model
2567 Military Road

Essex Model
2412 South 6th Street

Contact your salesperson - we'd be glad to give you references.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,532 times
I need a feed back from some one who used a custome builder recently for their custom home.
Like to get some information as to what to look for when buying the land.
I saw some one's post about less than $80/ sq foot charge. I believe it was ANV group.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:40 AM

160 posts, read 241,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menot View Post
I need a feed back from some one who used a custome builder recently for their custom home.
Like to get some information as to what to look for when buying the land.
I saw some one's post about less than $80/ sq foot charge. I believe it was ANV group.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Bear in mind that this is a thread that was started six years ago and appears to have a lot of deceptive posts in it. You might want to start a new discussion.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 2,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmully View Post
I used Reel Homes to handle a major renovation project at my house and they were terrific. Their pricing is great and you only deal with the two owners, not a project manager. I know they build a great single family home, just from the people I have talked to. You may want to check them out at www.reel-homes.com. Anytime I have ever had a question, I can get a hold of them instantly whether it is over phone or email. They are very customer service oriented.

We had the opposite experience with Reel Homes. We found the owners very difficult, argumentative and not willing to uphold the terms of their warranty. Some of the subs they used were so bad that it looks like a 5 year old did the work. We are spending $$$ to fix some of the poor workmanship. Their project managers are basically minions with no power. the one we had was awful - missing so many issues, many of them quite large. if we didn't visit the site as often as we did, things would be a total wreck. We were basically doing the project manager's job of checking on all the work the subs did. We found problems just about every time we visited the house while under construction. Complaining ot the owners got us nowhere - just a bunch of excuses. The process was excruciating and every day we woke up wondering what else would go wrong and what kind of nasty attitude we would confront, the early conversations we had with them that made us choose them in the first place were basically lies. Stay away - go with a company that stands by their work.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
Default Reel Homes, Real Nightmares

I had them build my house. Endless problems from the moment the contract was signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia