Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,547 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are looking at some townhouses in the Bristoe Station neighborhood in Manassas City. We're not really familiar with the Manassas area and would like some honest feedback on this neighborhood (the good and bad). This may become a rental, but we still want to know about the type of people who own and rent here.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 AM

595 posts, read 2,307,434 times
I think that BS is worse than GTS. They are auctioning off a TH there today. Stating bid 25K. I've seen some listings in the mid-70's. It has an ugly design, with very little character. A slum of toolsheds. At least GTS is architecturally sound. Drive down Confederate Trail at 3pm; you will see what I mean. They are still looking for the person(s) responsible for murdering a State Trooper there in 1984. He lived there. I would rather live in Oakland or Baltimore, any day of the week.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 PM

555 posts, read 2,701,012 times
That's a pretty bold statement. GTS is a mess.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:09 AM

Yes, nitro, but it's only .3-.5 miles to VRE, if you feel like going to DC at 30 MPH. GTS was once a premium place to live. A lot of IBMers lived there. One problem is it's just too big. There are some really bad nooks and crannies. On Aspen Street, there are two registered sex offenders (and no telling how many that should be), and there was a murder there a couple of months ago. The older design is a plus. You actually have masonary separating the units. You could cout through to your neibors with a boxcutter at BS (and most of Centreville, as well). CCTV, Police Dog, 9mm, all would play into personal safety in both places.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:39 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
Hi, I had a friend who moved to Bristoe Station about 5 years ago and found it so bad she basically threatened to divorce her husband if they didn't move. They then moved to "Bristow" a few miles away and were fine. Apparently a bail bondsman was knocking on the place next door at all hours, etc., etc. So, the rep is not too good ... Now, I would drive through there quite frequently and it wasn't at all scary (years ago I was scared for my safety getting close to Georgetown South) and I never had that at all with Bristoe Station, and it's quite close to nicer neighborhoods, etc.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 AM

Yes, it's close to a nice neigborhood that now has a horrible elementary school, thanks to the residents of BS along with those absolutely horrible apartments (Brentwood) across from the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: