Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 PM

515 posts, read 1,696,337 times

Advertisements

Jenn,

Here is an afterthought for you that I think might put your mind at ease.

Go over to Windows Live maps *ttp://maps.live.com/ (replace asterisk with h)

In the search box enter 8500 Queen Elizabeth Blvd, Annandale VA 22003

(Reason for this is that the entrance to Canterbury Woods from Wakefield Chapel Rd begins at the 8500 block of Queen Elizabeth Blvd).

When you hit the search button it will bring up the map. Make sure it is on birds eye view. Now you will be able to see your new neighborhood. Move the map around with your cursor toward Chanticleer street, King Richard, etc. That's the neighborhood. See how nice it is? There is one park after another. A serene suburban neighborhood. One of the parks has a big rec center (Google Audrey Moore RECenter.

Also, it's only crazy around here during rush hour. At 2:18 you can make a leisurely trip anywhere you want.

I think you will like it here. And you will be thrilled with Wakefield Forest Elementary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 AM

280 posts, read 1,075,868 times
For an OBGYN, I highly recommend Dr. John Doppelheuer in Annandale off Woodburn Rd. I've been going to him for 16 years, he is an excellent doctor.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM

17,603 posts, read 16,750,212 times
No reason to fear, you picked a wonderful neighborhood. Nice schools, a hiking trail with a creek running next to it, great swimming pool, playgrounds, nearby rec center, Kings Park Library, Caribou Coffee (has a small toy area for little ones)....

You done good.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,911,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Caribou Coffee (has a small toy area for little ones).....
I'm from San Diego and I'm pretty happy here. I think Fair Oaks is a better mall with little ones than Tysons. Both have playground ares for kids - not the metal climbing kind but the soft sculpted kind.

Which Caribou has toys? I used to go to Starbucks....

Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM

17,603 posts, read 16,750,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
I'm from San Diego and I'm pretty happy here. I think Fair Oaks is a better mall with little ones than Tysons. Both have playground ares for kids - not the metal climbing kind but the soft sculpted kind.

Which Caribou has toys? I used to go to Starbucks....
The one at Kings Park shopping center. It has a chalk board, little chairs and a table, maybe a few other things. Enough to keep them entertained for a little while, anyway...

Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 PM

63 posts, read 172,126 times
I used to live where you are. I had a wonderful pediatrician, Dr. Murphy (can't remember his first name) who had a specialty in allergies. We had to leave him because he no longer carried our insurance. I think he was the best pediatrician we ever had. He was in the offices very close to you at the corner of Braddock Rd. and Rolling Rd. My dentist, Lawrence Fox, is great too and is a few doors down from Dr. Murphy (if he is still there). He is also my kids dentist. I think they are both on Lynngate Court which would be 2 minutes from you. As for the mall, I would always do my shopping in the Fair Lakes area where Fair Oaks Mall is located. I didn't feel safe at Springfield Mall. Don't be scared, you'll be fine!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 AM

3 posts, read 13,495 times
ahhhh San Diego .... the memories. the weather.
Again - tremendous thank yous to everyone all around .... can't wait to hit the parks, walking trails and Caribou Coffee !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia