Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM

9 posts, read 26,924 times

Advertisements

I've heard some negative things about the Terra Grande and Saratoga communities in Springfield. However, I work near there and have not gotten the feel that these are bad areas.

Anyone live there or have an opinion?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 PM

9 posts, read 26,924 times
Can anyone explain why some posts show up "bold" in the message list, and others show up with standard font? All my posts seem to be regular font and don't stand out.

(different subject I know, but just curious)

Old 05-30-2009, 07:39 AM

17 posts, read 65,754 times
Terra Grande seems like a very nice neighborhood. I walk my dog through the neighborhood each morning and everyone is very nice and says hello. I have also looked at purchasing in the neighborhood and the president of my association (Springfield Oaks) says that the president of Terra Grande is very active. Just my thoughts! Good luck!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 AM

385 posts, read 1,261,244 times
Many homes in that area are all electric. I would opt for 22150 or if I could afford, 22152.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,083 times
I have lived in Terre Grande since 1994 and have nothing but positive things to say about the neighborhood. We have weathered the housing crisis and sales prices seem to be going up slowly. It's well kept. The crime rate is almost non-existent - we have had some petty property damage over the years but obviously just kids. Access to shopping in Springfield and Lorton Station is excellent. Access to the parkway is excellent.

About the only negatives are the traffic on 95 and Backlick Rds at rush hour. We are also close to the Ft. Belvoir airport so we get some flyover traffic but it's not bad.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,781,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
Many homes in that area are all electric. I would opt for 22150 or if I could afford, 22152.
I agree. Not only is it all electric, but there are huge power lines running through there. I remember, when they built that subdivision--about 1980.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:16 PM

393 posts, read 1,202,997 times
I used to live in Terra Grande ('81-'86). It's a nice neighborhood, as is Saratoga. I still live in the area (left Terra Grande due to divorce. My ex is still in the house there, so I guess he still likes the neighborhood). The location works for me. Kingstowne is close by, as are Lorton Station and Potomac Mills. There's easy access to I-95 and the Fairfax Connector goes directly to the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station. Yes, the homes are generally all electric which is my preference after seeing a neighbor's house blow up due to a gas leak when I was a child.

BTW: Threads that are bolded indicate there's a new reply.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM

33 posts, read 72,132 times
Saratoga is fine - the elementary school is good, there are various things in the area (Lorton has great restaurants, grocery stores and child care nearby.) Biggest complaint about the area is the HOAs. Otherwise, the area is fine. Depending on where you work and when you commute you may have some traffic.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
I live in Terra Grande and I just wanted to point out that there is natural gas at the street now. You just have to contact Washington Gas and have them run it to your house from the street. They are doing mine for free next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia