Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 9,061 times

Advertisements

I am looking for preschools, and I am having a terrible time finding information on any within or surrounding Gainesville. Aside from Haymarket Baptist (no way would we get a spot in there), does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, we are looking at BeanTree Learning in Ashburn ... anyone have any info on that one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM

3 posts, read 12,549 times
Thumbs up Preschools

Yes, there is an excellent preschool in Haymarket, St. Paul's School, and it is becoming known as the "Harvard of Preschools". My sister had her daughter attend for several years. It is a Christian school with a developmentally appropriate curriculum. I heard they introduced HWT for their handwriting curriuclum. The program is very well run. According to my sister, the teachers all have their degrees and several teachers including the kindergarten teacher have graduate degrees and are certified. Everything we have heard has been very positive.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,573 times
We have our son at St.Pauls 2-year old mothers day out program and are very happy with all that he is learning. We have registred him for the 3-year old program, which I heard is now full. I heard they have three openings for the 4-year olds for next fall. Good luck! It is hard to find good preschools.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 AM

6 posts, read 22,796 times
Default Preschools in Haymarket

Do try to get into St. Paul's if you can. Once your child is in their preschool it is much easier to get into their kindergarten program. Even if you have to put your kid's name on a waiting list, do it. Kids who go to St. Paul's School always end up in the GT programs in public school. The schools are very well aware of St. Paul's reputation.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:40 AM

159 posts, read 374,198 times
I hope this is not late info We just registered our 3 year old at St Paul, they opened a second 3-year old classroom for the Fall.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 AM

9 posts, read 34,616 times
Default Good Preschools in Haymarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb9906 View Post
I am looking for preschools, and I am having a terrible time finding information on any within or surrounding Gainesville. Aside from Haymarket Baptist (no way would we get a spot in there), does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, we are looking at BeanTree Learning in Ashburn ... anyone have any info on that one?
No, nothing on Beantree, but Haymarket Baptist is not so difficult to get into if you persevere. However, St. Paul's School, which as a preschool and kindergarten, is challenging. St. Paul's has an admittance process that requires an assessment. We endured the process and then learned they could not accept any more students. They were very nice and returned the application fee since we were not able to get our child in. You probably will have a much easier time getting into Haymarket Baptist.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 AM

Default St. Paul's School and competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurilee Wellington View Post
Yes, there is an excellent preschool in Haymarket, St. Paul's School, and it is becoming known as the "Harvard of Preschools". My sister had her daughter attend for several years. It is a Christian school with a developmentally appropriate curriculum. I heard they introduced HWT for their handwriting curriuclum. The program is very well run. According to my sister, the teachers all have their degrees and several teachers including the kindergarten teacher have graduate degrees and are certified. Everything we have heard has been very positive.
It is competitive for sure. We were unable to get our son in. He is at Mountain View now and we may pull him if we can find another school. Linton Hall is full, Seton is full, All Saints is full and St. Paul's, our first choice and closest to home was also full. But good luck. Finding a good school is tough.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 AM

Default St. Paul's Preschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly King View Post
We have our son at St.Pauls 2-year old mothers day out program and are very happy with all that he is learning. We have registred him for the 3-year old program, which I heard is now full. I heard they have three openings for the 4-year olds for next fall. Good luck! It is hard to find good preschools.
Smart move. Wish we had signed our son up when he was three. We would probably have been able to transition him easily into St. Paul's four year old program and then been able to get him into their kindergarten class that way. Yes, their 4-year old program was also full that year. Well, hindsight is always better.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 11,809 times
Smile St. Paul's School Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Delaney View Post
Do try to get into St. Paul's if you can. Once your child is in their preschool it is much easier to get into their kindergarten program. Even if you have to put your kid's name on a waiting list, do it. Kids who go to St. Paul's School always end up in the GT programs in public school. The schools are very well aware of St. Paul's reputation.
We had thought about putting our daughter in St. Paul's 2nd grade and I wish we had. We are so displeased with the public school system here. The standards are much lower than back home (CT). Our daughter is in the GT program at her elementary school, but it not the least challenging. She is getting bored. We have to drag her to school every day. We will see if we can get her into St. Paul's. We are familiar with waiting lists and it sounds like it is worth the wait. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:04 PM

309 posts, read 828,233 times
My nephews were in BeanTree in Ashburn and transferred to the new one in Westfields a few months ago. My sister in law and friend RAVE about the center. Very pricey and not close to Gainesville though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia