Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
knk knk started this thread

1 posts, read 27,524 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving to the area and will need to find full-time childcare for my two boys (2 yrs old and 8 month-old). What kind of range am I looking at for daycare, nannies, other options?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM

269 posts, read 1,001,966 times
If you go with family-based care, you're looking at roughly $175-$200/wk. for EACH child, and daycares charge about $220-$250/wk. for infants, less for 2+ ages. Childcare cost are high period but try this link to help: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/childcare/search/

A nanny would probably run you $500/wk I'm thinking, and my husband & I may explore that option once we have a second or third child. Oh, and be sure to get on a waiting list ASAP!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 PM

241 posts, read 987,241 times
I would also recommend a home-based daycare, although they aren't too cheap here. My daughter goes to a home-based daycare in Herndon and I'm paying $230 a week, but the kind of care they give is awesome. They make her eat her lunch properly (which even I can't manage) and even helped me potty train her.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 26,506 times
Default looking for a good home based day care in herndon va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara11 View Post
I would also recommend a home-based daycare, although they aren't too cheap here. My daughter goes to a home-based daycare in Herndon and I'm paying $230 a week, but the kind of care they give is awesome. They make her eat her lunch properly (which even I can't manage) and even helped me potty train her.

Hi Samara,

I read your post, i know it is an old one but would like to know the address or reference for the homebased day care where u sent your kids in herndon. Your quick response will be a great help. You can email me also at my email id.

thanks a lot!
Nidhi

Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 PM

97 posts, read 321,096 times
We use an in-home daycare for our children (both under 2). It's $200 a week per child. I expected to pay more and consider $200 a week a tremendous bargain for the excellent care they provide for my children. Friends with infants at larger childcare centers are paying more like $300 a week.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,312,138 times
Mine go to Kindercare. They are 3. (I have twins) It is about $500 a week. The younger they are the more expensive. We have been looking into home daycare and nannies but here is my problem with it
Home Daycare will have different ages of kids. So my kids could be the oldest and have no one to play with but babies. Not really on the same level. At daycare they are in the appropriate age. little toddler, 2's, 3's.
Nanny-if we went the nanny option they wouldn't have ANYONE to play with on a regular, daily basis. They wouldn't get the social interaction that we so want for them.

Here in Ashburn I have found the following prices:
Daycare is about $450-$600 in our age range. The $450 was at Kiddie Academy in Lansdowne. My kids went there at first but some things happened and we took them out. Will never go there again. The $600 is Winwood. They have a long waiting list. $500 is Kindercare and we like it there a lot.

Home Daycare: This has varied greatly depending on the person. On average I am finding $375-$500 for two kids. I actually liked the $375 place and I really liked the teacher but again the different aged kids turned us off. Plus we like that at a daycare there are lots of people around to report something bad.

Nanny-This is all over the board. I have found people for $350 a week and I have found people for $600 a week. This was via Craigslist. If you use a placement service it is various prices. Nanny Poppinzs is like $14-20 an hour for the nanny PLUS the placement cost which can run you about $3K.

Anyway, everyone has a different feeling about this and that is all just my opinion. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 35,337 times
I found excellent home daycare in Vienna, VA near Tyson's corner. The provider, Fahimeh Farmand is CDA accredited and state licensed. The cool thing is the organic/fresh meals she cooks everyday and her facility. But the most important things are the love and care she shows every child and her amazing development program. I had her care for my two kids, a 2 yr old boy and a 6mo old girl. Check out her website....you will be impressed:

Vienna VA Home Daycare | Vienna VA Home Child Care | Fairfax County Home Day Care | Northern Virginia Home Daycare | Smiley Kids Daycare

Best of luck...finding someone you can trust with your child is NO easy task!!!

Karen

Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 35,337 times
Sorry - don't know what happened when I copy/pasted the link. Here it is again:

smileykidsdaycare.com

Karen

Old 04-28-2014, 11:04 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,911,011 times
my mother runs a daycare from her house and I think her prices are from 250-300/week. that's about it that I know, though.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:43 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
This thread originated 5 years ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia