Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 PM

241 posts, read 987,321 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying a King size mattress for ourselves, below $1000. Are the Sealy posturepedic mattresses sold at Costco good? I couldn't find any reviews there.

We dislike plush pillowtops and prefer firm mattresses. Although I would love to get a memory foam from Costco, but I've heard they work well only with Platform beds and we have a regular bed (which I love and do not want to replace).

Any recommendations on which mattress should we buy if we buy from Costco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,962,198 times
We have a Tempurpedic (similar to a memory foam) king size mattress and we put it right on top of our box springs and haven't had any problems. So you may not need a platform bed. We've had it for 4 years and what a difference it has made, no more back pains.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 AM

67 posts, read 247,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara11 View Post
We are considering buying a King size mattress for ourselves, below $1000. Are the Sealy posturepedic mattresses sold at Costco good? I couldn't find any reviews there.

We dislike plush pillowtops and prefer firm mattresses. Although I would love to get a memory foam from Costco, but I've heard they work well only with Platform beds and we have a regular bed (which I love and do not want to replace).

Any recommendations on which mattress should we buy if we buy from Costco?
We have one of the Sealy Costco mattresses in a queen; probably 6-7yrs old at this point. At the time we bought, there weren't any other options for pillow-top-thickness, so it only has moderate padding and is pretty firm (probably closest to the Waldron based on the options on their site).

For what we got the price was great; comparable beds at the chain stores were about $400 more. However, I'm not a huge fan of the mattress as I find it has a lot of lateral movement to it; if my partner rolls over I can feel the mattress shake. He doesn't complain about that though, so maybe I'm just sensitive to it. When we bought, we also looked at the TempurPedic mattresses, but not only were they out of our price range, he didn't like how they felt.

Like I said, it is getting a bit old so it's possible that the construction now doesn't have the same lateral movement feel to it. I think the return policy is pretty good if you can try it out for a week a decide.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:44 PM

241 posts, read 987,321 times
Thank you. I guess we'll order one and try it out. Hopefully we won't need to return it We are going with the waterbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia