Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,210 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an opinion on Internet providers? We just moved here and are using slow ATT 3G on an iPad for now, but I will need better Internet for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I was transfered here to Winchester in 2004 purchased my home in Shawneeland in 2005? I have found it to be a nice place to live overall? It has it's problems and it is a Sanitary district under VA law one strange think is that it is the only sanitary district in the county where the county owns everything and the people pay double the county tax's to live there?
The county has opened up 1500 new building lots without upgrading the water supply? We have no pulbic sewer system that was promised more than 30 years ago if your lucky enough to have a perkable lot your lucky most homes here have 2,000 gal vats in there yard that when and alarm goes off they have to call a sewage company to come and remove the sewage? I don't think this is a good system but the county has allowed homes here with these systems and someone is getting rich from there sale I can only assume? I wonder when the plastic tanks all fail were does the sewage go and who will get sick from it because everyone is on well water even the homes that are on the Shawneeland water system? I just wonder? I am going to start a web site listing everything about shawneeland for everyone to read and see? Over all this is a nice place but when something fails beware? New web site will have a link to this page? shawneeland.net have a great day?

Last edited by khunter93; 02-08-2014 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: miss spellings corrected great tool

Old 02-08-2014, 05:54 AM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khunter93 View Post
I was transfered here to Winchester in 2004 purchased my home in Shawneeland in 2005? I have found it to be a nice place to live overall? It has it's problems and it is a Sanitary district under VA law one strange think is that it is the only sanitary district in the county where the county owns everything and the people pay double the county tax's to live there?
The county has opened up 1500 new building lots without upgrading the water supply? We have no pulbic sewer system that was promised more than 30 years ago if your lucky enough to have a perkable lot your lucky most homes here have 2,000 gal vats in there yard that when and alarm goes off they have to call a sewage company to come and remove the sewage? I don't think this is a good system but the county has allowed homes here with these systems and someone is getting rich from there sale I can only assume? I wonder when the plastic tanks all fail were does the sewage go and who will get sick from it because everyone is on well water even the homes that are on the Shawneeland water system? I just wonder? I am going to start a web site listing everything about shawneeland for everyone to read and see? Over all this is a nice place but when something fails beware? New web site will have a link to this page? shawneeland.net have a great day?
why do you end every sentence with a question mark? I think your website will be very difficult to understand.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:58 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,088,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
why do you end every sentence with a question mark? I think your website will be very difficult to understand.
This person has 1 post and is probably a troll.

I live in Winchester (downtown) so don't know about living on Shawneeland. But the well water and septic problems described above sound serious. If someone is interested in living in Shawneeland I suggest they visit and inquire and not take advice from a stranger who cannot properly end a sentence.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
I've read several of these posts - some bad and some good - is there a Home Owner's Assn. ? and if so can you give
me a phone number or website so I can contact? I'm considering buy in there, and want some answers first.
Any help will be appreciated.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 PM

196 posts, read 318,750 times
We are going to look at homes in the Shawneeland neighborhood. Would appreciate an update. Some of the posts are pretty old. Like to get info before we check the homes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia