Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 AM

142 posts, read 273,175 times

Advertisements

Taking the kids and my cosmopolitan wife to Monster Jam tonight at the Verizon Center. Finally get to hang with rednecks in large numbers.

Ben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,250,535 times
The wife? Such a romantic. I see you are in Bristow so I can understand your desire to go. Don't worry. I'm in Manassas so I'm surprised I'm not going. I would like to see that show once in my life but I'm fairly confident my wife would never go.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,100,432 times
Nope, but we're doing the car show at the convention center. Just think how much fun they could have if they combined the two!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:28 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,468,083 times
We went to a Monster Jam show in Hagerstown last year, and we looked so much out of place. I'm sure the crowd didn't give a hoot for us, but we were the only family without tattoos, or sporting long hair, or wearing wife-beaters...for that matter, we were the only Asian family! Not trying to sound condescending, but it was quite an experience since we had no idea what to expect at a monster jam...it was our first show! Thankfully someone had warned us about the loud noise, so we did carry our ear plugs.

Enjoy the show at Verizon!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM

142 posts, read 273,175 times
Yes...ear plugs are a must. Jen grew up in south Florida. Met me in Alabama in 91. Her first trip home after we'd been dating a while shocked her family...she was listening to country music instead of Motley Crue. 20 yrs later she'll hang right alongside rednecks in her Burberry hat. However, this is her first Monster Jam.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 PM

262 posts, read 582,890 times
Took the grandkids last night (Friday). It was quite an experience. Wish I had known about the earplugs before I went. We were in the middle of a bunch of rednecks...and they were all rude and loud! Even the children. But my grandkids enjoyed the show so that made it worthwhile.

Now I have to get my coat cleaned because of the kid behind me putting his feet all over my back and my hair. Yuk!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,095,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben 'n Jen View Post
Finally get to hang with rednecks in large numbers.
Not going, but I heard out here in Winchester that there's an auto racecar area, not even asphalt but dirt tracks. Can't wait to hang out with rednecks over there!

Sounds like fun at the Verizon Ctr! Enjoy!

Old 01-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Want to join some more rednecks. Come to the Old Dominion Speedway when they start running again this spring. I sometimes prefer the people watching over the racing. Probably the funniest redneck people watching involves wrestling. I've worked security at some wrestling events and holy cow are people funny. Doesn't matter that it's all staged for entertainment. Cover your ears cause the language coming from some of the people will make a sailor blush.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,095,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Want to join some more rednecks. Come to the Old Dominion Speedway when they start running again this spring. I sometimes prefer the people watching over the racing. Probably the funniest redneck people watching involves wrestling. I've worked security at some wrestling events and holy cow are people funny. Doesn't matter that it's all staged for entertainment.
Oooh . . . let us know when it starts up and if you go, how well you like it! Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Cover your ears cause the language coming from some of the people will make a sailor blush.
Sounds like my kind of people! Oops, maybe it's the Joisey thing . . . .

Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
Oooh . . . let us know when it starts up and if you go, how well you like it! Sounds like fun!

Sounds like my kind of people! Oops, maybe it's the Joisey thing . . . .
Sorry. I retired from police work and will unlikely ever attend another wrestling event in my life. The people at those things are just too strange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia