Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,251,801 times

Advertisements

do most of the homes out there have basements? Yes

Does it snow much?? A few times a year and it usually goes away in a few day

What about when the hurricanes come along the Atlantic...does the area get tons of rain? Not enough rain and we have only really had one hurricane issue in the 7 years I've lived here (I think her name was Isabel).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 AM

577 posts, read 2,062,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from nv View Post
We went to the Dulles Town Center once while my hubby was on a lengthy layover, (it's been about 3 months ago) and since we really weren't looking at places to live at that time, all I did was take in the beautiful trees, etc. during the shuttle ride to the hotel which was just about 5 mins from the Town Center. Now, I wish that I had been more observant!
Quite a few but not all of the homes have basements. It snows a few times a year but usually only a few inches. When a hurricane passes by we sometimes get some rain, but usually nothing very severe. In 2003 when Hurricane Isabel landed on the mid-Atlantic coast we got some very severe weather with high winds, lots of downed trees and power outages, etc., but that's because Isabel landed in North Carolina and we got the outer bands of it here.

If you like trees and having four seasons you'll enjoy that here. Good luck in your search.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

5 posts, read 8,280 times
You could also attend women's networking ([url=http://www.lipstickrocks.com]Welcome to LipstickRocks![/url]) events to meet other professional women /make new friends. The other suggestion is using recruiters to help you find a job. There are alot of jobs here and I agree with redskindad12, the unemployment rate is much lower here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia