Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM

83 posts, read 182,299 times

Advertisements

So my husband and I have decided on the Falls Church area, and I currently have a couple interviews and was looking for advice on commuting times. My first choice is Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington. How would the commute be from Falls Church. I know its not very far (as in miles) but I know that its definitely going to take longer. Any ideas for approximate times?

My other interview is for a weekend position in Fredericksburg. It would just be Saturday and Sunday from 7am-7pm, so I would be able to avoid rush hour traffic. Now this is a lot farther away so I have no idea what the commuting time would be like. Would this be a completely unreasonable commute considering I'd be working 12 hour days? I'd appreciate any advice, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 04:54 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,838,284 times
From Falls Church to Virginia Hospital Center - it would be an excellent commute! I have a good friend who works there and used to commute from Falls Church - I can ask him the commute time. I'm guessing it would be 30 minutes.

While Fredericksburg is a hike from Falls Church, I think it is completely doable for two days per week. Will you like the drive? Probably not, but for a couple days per week you could probably put up with it. I would NOT want to do that drive 5 days per week.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM

83 posts, read 182,299 times
Thats what I was thinking about Fredericksburg. That job is guaranteeing me 24 hours a week, so I'm hoping that the Arlington one will be just as much if not more. The one at Virginia Hospital Center will also include their urgent care center. So I'm hoping that I can get that one because its so much closer. I'm not sure what hours I would be working, it will probably bit a bit all over the place until I get something full time. So I'm not sure if I'll be driving during peak times or not, but either way I can deal with a 30 minute drive.

The Fredericksburg job is kind of a last resort if nothing else opens up. Two days wouldn't be that bad but I know I'd get sick of it pretty quickly. Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM

2,462 posts, read 8,938,706 times
The commute from Falls Church to Virginia Hospital Center would be a piece of cake. You could take "back roads" most of the way. Much better than working a 12 hour shift and then driving more than an hour from Fredericksburg on 95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia