Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times

Advertisements

I have a few gay friends and acquaintences in many different locations around the DC area and they all seem very happy living here. Takoma Park in MD is pretty good if you want to go North of DC. I can't vouch for the nightlife but there's not a whole lot of that in NoVA for anyone. Pretty much all the young people regardless of orientation head to DC for the best after-hours fun. Depends on what you want and what your life stage is: if you're younger and single live closer to the city, if you want to settle down and live with us boring oldsters, move further out. It's all good around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 11:12 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,241,558 times
I would say that Old Town in Alexandria has a good number of gay folks but still not to degree of the District. At the end of the day gay folks such as myself live all over the area but the greatest concentration is in the District. Coming in second would be Arlington. And third is Alexandria. But really and truly meeting gay folks doesn't just happen in the street so it doesn't matter where you live. Meeting guys happens online, at bars, and through organizations. Although will say that I too hear that Takoma park, MD is pretty gay friendly. Also Old Town has a lot of the settling down types who talk about decorating too much though. At the end of the day gays congregate the most in Dupont but live everywhere.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,674 times
Exclamation Alexandria, va. 22312

Attention: LGBT - home buyer$ - Alexandria

If your looking to buy a home in NoVa. There is a very " Gay Friendly " suburban community called Lincolnia Park. It's a very warm, welcoming community in which several of US live ( particularly in proximity of Braddock Rd. / Cherokee Ave. / Chowan Ave. ). The homes are reasonably priced! The area is beautiful with tree lined streets and larger lots. It 's easily commutable into the city as its located off of Little River turnpike on a bus line, and of course is ideally located for shopping : ) Please remember in your search - who our neighbors are has a huge impact on the way we as a community live. FYI... I'm not a realtor, just a very HAPPY resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia