Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times

Advertisements

Looks like the forecast is for sun, sun, and more sun from today through Christmas Eve, and then snow showers for Christmas. Perfect! Clear weather for the travellers, and then snow on Christmas morning, that's just what I like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,186 times
Guess I have to comment, cause I tried repping you and have to spread it around. I totally agree!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,525 times
traveling on Xmas eve so please hold off any snow until Christmas day!!

Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
At the risk of sounding mean, I hope it does snow on Christmas, we are supposed to go to the in-laws, driving on Christmas Day but if there is snow in the forecast we aren't going. Of course the way the forecast changes from day to day you never know.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:42 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,312,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
At the risk of sounding mean, I hope it does snow on Christmas, we are supposed to go to the in-laws, driving on Christmas Day but if there is snow in the forecast we aren't going. Of course the way the forecast changes from day to day you never know.
I hope it doesn't, because we are also driving to my in-laws on Christmas Day, but unless it's an ice storm or something we are probably still going to have to go. Although it might help me lobby for a morning of the 26th departure.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
I hope it doesn't, because we are also driving to my in-laws on Christmas Day, but unless it's an ice storm or something we are probably still going to have to go. Although it might help me lobby for a morning of the 26th departure.
Well my husband was pretty insistent that we would go if there was just a slight chance of snow, but it has been snowing alot at his parents house and they have been without power several times this last week. So after our snow yesterday and how bad the roads were, then the lack of power at his parents he finally said if there was any chance of snow we would not go. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
LOL, I have a few relatives that make me feel that way too. Especially the ones in Buffalo. What a shame when I have to say "Aw shucks! Too snowy to risk driving there."

Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
LOL, I have a few relatives that make me feel that way too. Especially the ones in Buffalo. What a shame when I have to say "Aw shucks! Too snowy to risk driving there."
I am so hoping I have to say that on Saturday morning. You know I love them but in measured doses and after spending Thanksgiving with all of them in my house I would really enjoy a 3 to 4 month space between visits. It is difficult because for 16 yrs we have done our own thing for every Christmas but 2 and I am very much used to our traditions.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Guess I have to comment, cause I tried repping you and have to spread it around. I totally agree!
Thanks! You know, a lot of people have said that lately. IMO, in the spirit of the holidays, we should all make a point of being extra generous and spread them around a little more. In other words, give a rep point to people who you feel have made lots of great posts over the past few years (rather than waiting for one particular post).

I think you have to give points to 35 people to get back to the starting point. So, if you spread them around to 20-30 people then you'll be refreshed and renewed--and that's a nice way to start off the new year. Just my opinion.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 PM

232 posts, read 347,556 times
The forecast is a week out, it will change ten times this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: