Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 08:12 AM

19 posts, read 27,812 times

Advertisements

I’m looking for a good and honest realtor who works the areas of Prince William County, Fairfax County and Loudoun County. They should be someone who is not too pushy and easy to work with as the situation is somewhat unique, I will be working primarily with the realtor to help out my parents live in Northern New Jersey to try to help them find a place down here. Feel free to direct message me if it would be inappropriate to post the name. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,266,655 times
I highly recommend Bill Denny with Long & Foster. Primarily Prince William County. Upstanding guy, laid back and not high pressure.

We see our Real Estate career as a service to our clients, not a sales business. Our priority to our clients is to provide a good old fashioned, honest service

Old 01-11-2019, 10:47 AM

406 posts, read 625,793 times
I highly recommend myself for the job.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:08 PM

72 posts, read 40,746 times
RedFin

Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,672,567 times
Quietstorm,

I don't have any recommendations, but I saw on your other thread that you were potentially looking at Four Seasons. When my parents were looking there, they went on their own without a realtor (my dad used to be one so they are fine with not immediately entering into a contract with their own realtor). Anyway, we got to meet several of the realtors who seem to "work" the Four Seasons neighborhood and they all seemed to be used to worker with older people (and they were older themselves and often lived in the neighborhood). We were pretty pleased with the 3-4 that we met going to open houses. I can't remember the names. But anyway, if you look at some of the listings online for that neighborhood, you will see some of the realtors that work there.

What I have found in these cases and in the past is that if you happen to buy a house without a your own realtor on hand, the sellers often have more room to negotiate because they don't have to split the commission between the two realtors. Often the listing agent will come off his/her commission by a percentage point to make the deal.

I'm not against getting your own realtor of course and they are super handy if you are unfamiliar with an area. But if you know where you want to go already, you don't necessarily need one.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:55 AM

19 posts, read 27,812 times
Thank you so much for the helpful information and pointers Christine! I may just go to four seasons to visit on my own but I was hoping to get a realtor in case they don’t like that place and we need to start looking other areas outside of that specific place. ☺️

Old 01-12-2019, 12:40 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,672,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm612 View Post
Thank you so much for the helpful information and pointers Christine! I may just go to four seasons to visit on my own but I was hoping to get a realtor in case they don’t like that place and we need to start looking other areas outside of that specific place. ☺️
Go to a few open houses there on your own and see if you connect with any of the realtors. William Caddy, Century 21, is one that sells a lot in that neighborhood. I think we met him on one of our trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: