Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 AM

5,667 posts, read 5,098,928 times

Advertisements

I made it up to Herndon today but there are only two of us here from my team. Rte 28 was icy at 6:00a. We're getting a lot of 'work-from-home' emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 AM

3 posts, read 8,087 times
Anyone have any idea if the Federal Gov't will open tomorrow (Friday)?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 AM

10 posts, read 13,038 times
I have to think they'll be open. I'm guessing the main reason their closed is because the metro is so limited...no way it will be below ground only tomm. right?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 AM

32,623 posts, read 77,712,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkarney2001 View Post
Anyone have any idea if the Federal Gov't will open tomorrow (Friday)?
I'm hoping we're open tomorrow. I've been getting denied access to my VPN client server to log onto work from home via my laptop, so I haven't been able to be productive all week. At the VERY LEAST I need to be in the office tomorrow to release my timesheet electronically so I get paid. If we don't have work tomorrow, if my offices are locked, and if I still can't log into the work system from home then there's no paycheck for me. I'm dying to check my e-mail to see if there's anyone who has contacted me who requires immediate follow-up or has any special requests, but that's a no-go. In a few hours I'm going to head out to my office and hope beyond all hope it is unlocked.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 AM

696 posts, read 1,696,677 times
FYI - The Washington Post is having a Q & A at 11am with OPM John Barry.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm hoping we're open tomorrow. I've been getting denied access to my VPN client server to log onto work from home via my laptop, so I haven't been able to be productive all week. At the VERY LEAST I need to be in the office tomorrow to release my timesheet electronically so I get paid. If we don't have work tomorrow, if my offices are locked, and if I still can't log into the work system from home then there's no paycheck for me. I'm dying to check my e-mail to see if there's anyone who has contacted me who requires immediate follow-up or has any special requests, but that's a no-go. In a few hours I'm going to head out to my office and hope beyond all hope it is unlocked.
Yeah I need to get in to do my timesheet as well. I don't even have the luxury of telecommuting. Of course, it don't make sense for a customer service job to telecommute .

Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,981,297 times
My kids and grandkids went to work today, so agencies like Northrop Grumman who service the federal govt. are working. Which means that a lot of federal work is getting done.

I had each of them call me when they got to work (yup, I was a little nervous about having them drive... and also they scouted out the roads for me before I ventured out myself). None of them drove that far, the worst commute was to Tysons (about 10 miles). They all said the drive wasn't that bad. Apparently there are some rough spots, especially on side streets, but if you drive slowly and carefully it's not bad at all. The main roads are good. My drive to the grocery store was ok, too. Our side streets need plowing, but they were passable and right now that's all I ask.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 AM

10 posts, read 13,038 times
What do you think of the roads being able to handle a full rush hour?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:46 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabra View Post
395 doesn't look bad at Duke St.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:46 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,981,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabra View Post
Doubt we'll see a full rush hour today. I think many people are planning to start leaving work around 3. But... the drive home could be slow and aggravating, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia