Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,514 times

Advertisements

alright, some of you know how in general I hate the food out my way in western loudoun. It's just not worth going out, which is really disappointing. So we are going to Tysons this weekend and I wanted some great restaurant recommendations that are appropriate for young children. Any place we shouldn't miss? also, we could certainly go to Reston too, if anyone has recos there. We love Italian in particular but would certainly go for Mexican or anything else that is really good - or just better than the overcooked burgers that are ubiquitious out where we live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 PM

372 posts, read 1,116,588 times
You're coming to Tysons to find good food? Most people LEAVE Tysons to find good food. Seriously, there's not much there.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,310,561 times
Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner

Old 02-19-2010, 09:31 PM

182 posts, read 540,719 times
@ arielmina - There's some good restaurants in your area. Hunter's Head Tavern (Upperville), Magnolias at the Mill (Purcellville), and Blue Ridge Grill (Leesburg/Brambleton) come to mind.

Overall, people are not flocking to NOVA/DC for the food. Solid restaurants are few and far between in these parts.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:32 PM

17 posts, read 45,224 times
For Italian, I reccomend Il Fornaio and Paolo's Ristorante, both in Reston Town Center.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_monk View Post
You're coming to Tysons to find good food? Most people LEAVE Tysons to find good food. Seriously, there's not much there.
I wouldn't write off Tyson's Corner that easily. Maybe I'm just a low-brow food schlub, but I think Maggiano's, Da Domenico's, and Brio are pretty decent places for Italian. Busara is one of my all-time favorite Thai places. I think Clyde's is pretty decent. I haven't been, but I hear good things about Monterey Bay Seafood Grotto. Bertucci's (near Borders) is a great place to take kids, and I think their food is good----their pizza is every bit as good as the stuff I had in Italy, and a family of 4 can probably count on dinner for under 50 bucks, maybe 40. All items on the kids' menu are under 6 bucks!

Last edited by smithy77; 02-20-2010 at 01:28 AM..

Old 02-20-2010, 06:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_monk View Post
Well you clearly haven't experienced living out in western loudoun where there are literally a handlful of decent restaurants spread over 4 towns. I am also not going t Tysons "to find good food", I am going shopping but thought that there HAS to be a decent restaurant there that we can do for dinner.

And to the person who recommended Magnolias (love it, but it's too expensive for a family to eat when not a special occasion - we went there on Christmas Eve - yum) and Blue Ridge Grill (we've been there several times and it's ok but the menu is very limited).

I have yet to try that restaurant in Upperville but it's on the list.

heck I'd be thrilled to go to a Bertucci's - at least it's edible and we won't end up with food poisoning!

Last edited by arielmina; 02-20-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 02-20-2010, 10:40 AM

947 posts, read 1,401,869 times
Permit me, as someone of Italian heritage who lived more than 20 years in an ethnic neighborhood up north, to recommend what I think is the absolute best Italian restaurant in northwestern Fairfax County. Try Zeffirelli's restaurant, 728 Pine Street in Herndon. I'll go so far as to say it can hold its own against any Italian restaurant in New York City. My wife and I go there for special occasions, and have found the food and service consistently first-rate. And they even have their own parking lot behind the restaurant. Check Zeffirelli's out on TripAdvisor.com -- it's rated #1 of 69 restaurants in Herndon. If you go, call ahead for a reservation.

Bon appetit!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:43 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,379,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
Permit me, as someone of Italian heritage who lived more than 20 years in an ethnic neighborhood up north, to recommend what I think is the absolute best Italian restaurant in northwestern Fairfax County. Try Zeffirelli's restaurant, 728 Pine Street in Herndon. I'll go so far as to say it can hold its own against any Italian restaurant in New York City. My wife and I go there for special occasions, and have found the food and service consistently first-rate. And they even have their own parking lot behind the restaurant. Check Zeffirelli's out on TripAdvisor.com -- it's rated #1 of 69 restaurants in Herndon. If you go, call ahead for a reservation.

Bon appetit!

I agree that this is a very good Italian restaurant. It might not be appropriate for young children, however. But it is delicious!!

In Herndon I would recommend The Tortilla Factory for good Mexican food.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:59 PM

947 posts, read 1,401,869 times
FrannyBear: Good point about Zeffirelli's; I forgot about the kids and agree with you it might not be the best place to bring young children. Arielmina, try Zefirelli's when it's just the two of you. You won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia