Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM

30 posts, read 67,868 times

Advertisements

Secret Passage Ranch is located within the Shenandoah Mountain Range, just inside the George Washington National Forest.

I board there and have been happy for going on 2 yrs. And while I can't ride right now, I would definitely enjoy having a few friends come riding this Fall with us. Field Boarding is $125 a month and there are 4 pastures, NOT paddocks they are turned out in. 5 if you include the separate boarders field. There is over 500 acres of trails both pasture and wooded to enjoy.

It's an easy drive once you get to Front Royal's exit 6. Right now, they still have snow on the ground but the weather is warm so a snow covered Ride is possible, if you've ever wanted to do something like that.

They have scheduled for the first time in a while, Kids/Horse Camps for this year. It's NOT English style, so if that is what you are looking for, you aren't going to get it at this Cowboy style Ranch.

There is a remodeled Homestead with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a full kitchen, front and rear porch, and Mountain views. Tent Camping along Passage Creek is also available for a seriously LOW fee compared to the National Parks camping sites.

The Ranch will be hosting the East Coast Regional Cavalry Competition this September 10th thru the 12th. Last year was a lot of fun and I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.

The Ranch also provides a valuable service to the Local Community's disable youth and adults, Therapeutic Riding. They also support the Wounded Warriors from both Walter Reed and Bethesda. This portion of the Ranch is a licensed 501 (c)3 organization and they are always accepting donations.

I am an avid visitor even though I am not riding at the moment, I would be happy to meet anyone out there and show them around and introduce them to the owner and the amazing staff. They have an Indoor facility, but the 'floor' isn't completed yet. So, if you are interested and want company, let me know, I'm game for a visit any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia