Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 17,788 times

Advertisements

We are a military family moving into W. Springfield, in the Rolling Valley Elementary school district, right near Hidden Pond. I'm looking to find a preschool nearby for my 3 year old, in a 3 or 5 day (1/2 day program). We've used christian preschools for our older son and have always liked the programs, but are open to non-demonational as well. These are the ones on my list. Most have availability but I'm not able to visit for another 2 weeks as we're out of state. I know a school may look wonderful on paper but when you tour it's a totally different story and/or bad location.

Can anyone give me insight on these schools? THANK YOU!

TOT Preschool at Sydentricker United Methodist Church

Christian Weekday Program at Springfield United Methodist Church

Messiah CEP

BUMPS at Burke UMChurch

Accotink Academy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:42 PM

696 posts, read 1,693,919 times
I was looking at this time last year for my then 4yo. We weren't sure on our exact location, but actually ended up settling just a few miles from where you are describing. One of the schools I looked at was Prince of Peace Lutheran. Prince of Peace School (http://extra1948.net/SchoolSubsite/index.htm - broken link) We actually ended up in the Burke/Fairfax area and our daughter has attended St. Mary's Preschool which I LOVE! It might be a bit far for you. I also looked at Nativity Catholic in Burke and liked that as well. I've heard good things about Lord of Life Preschool Lord of Life Preschool I'm not sure if any of this is helpful, but thought I'd add what info I could. You aren't too far from any of these. Let me know if you have more questions.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
We really liked Springfield Methodist. At Accotink Academy the students used to wear uniforms (yes even in preschool), so you might check if they still do and if so, whether you like or don't like that. Saint Bernadette Church will open a preschool this fall.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM

77 posts, read 292,141 times
I know it is not on your list but just a suggestion
I just visited a co-op pre school in in Burke called Spirng-Mar cooperative and liked it very much.. it is part of Accotink church ..

Old 04-10-2010, 03:57 PM

5 posts, read 17,788 times
Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 PM

214 posts, read 487,775 times
I would recommend Sleepy Hollow Preschool, right off Braddock Road in Annandale/Springfield. Our friends who go there rave about it. Good luck with the move.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,396 times
Pinecrest School offers strong academics in a warm, nurturing environment. They offer Preschool age 3 through 6th grade. They're in Annandale "center" so very easy access to the beltway, 395, West Springfield, Falls Church, Alexandria, Arlington and even Fairfax. They're at the epicenter where all of those towns come together. They have small class sizes (no class is bigger than 15 but most around 8-10) and offer before- and after- school care and activities. They also host weekly summer camps (you can sign up for all 8 weeks or just 1) and again offer before- and after-care. Pinecrest School :: Home

Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,724,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat1 View Post
Pinecrest School offers strong academics in a warm, nurturing environment. They offer Preschool age 3 through 6th grade. They're in Annandale "center" so very easy access to the beltway, 395, West Springfield, Falls Church, Alexandria, Arlington and even Fairfax. They're at the epicenter where all of those towns come together. They have small class sizes (no class is bigger than 15 but most around 8-10) and offer before- and after- school care and activities. They also host weekly summer camps (you can sign up for all 8 weeks or just 1) and again offer before- and after-care. Pinecrest School :: Home
FYI - You are responding to a 4 year old thread...

Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
FYI - You are responding to a 4 year old thread...
Well considering it's their only post, it's probably someone from the school itself trying to do marketing.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Well considering it's their only post, it's probably someone from the school itself trying to do marketing.
It does sound like it!

I didn't see the date and was going to respond -- then saw that I had already responded, four years ago !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia