Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 AM

8 posts, read 28,885 times

Advertisements

Hi, I had my teeth pulled out about 2 years ago but still hasn't gotten an implants for my missing tooth..I don't know which doctor to go to..Has anyone got their teeth done at Dr. Gloria An in Sterling? or Dr. Brent Burger? I just searched doctors randomly..well can anyone recomment any good doctors around this area? Thanks

Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,612,649 times
I don't know anything about the two doctors you mentioned, but I can recommended Tony Chehade in Gainesville. He did my implant in 2007. It took awhile from start to finish, but I couldn't be happier with the result.

Gainesville Dentist - Gainesville Dental Associates – Dentist in Gainesville, VA

Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM

8 posts, read 28,885 times
Hi, thanks for the reply, was it really expensive? How about his experience in dental industry or dental cosmetics?? I'm really looking for someone who has good enough experience to do it and not just dying to make some money..

Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 AM

93 posts, read 334,908 times
I've been going to Optimum Dental since I moved out here. It was near my work place so it was convenient. Dr. Brittany Vo is very gentle and is not after "$". She said one of my teeth that I had filled a long time ago looks like it weakening but nothing to be alarmed. Just told me if I feel any sensitivity to let her know. She didn't make me feel that I had to do something about it.

they have a website if you need more information.

Optimum Dental, PLC (http://www.optimumdental.com/home.html - broken link)

Old 04-29-2010, 11:36 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,612,649 times
I forget the exact amount, but it was somewhere between $3000 and $4000. The website for Gainesville Dental talks about his experience.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM

822 posts, read 3,002,937 times
I went to William Ossakaw in Centreville - he was WONDERFUL and the prices were excellent (well, they were very reasonable for what he did and he laughed at the idea that I needed all kinds of root canals for sensitivity per another dentist, saving me thousands and thousands, and he was right).

I don't know about implants per se, I had a root canal and tons of other stuff.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 AM

86 posts, read 367,249 times
Default Contemporary Dental Implant Centre

Barry M. Moretzky, DMD Dental Implants and Power Whitening New York City, Cosmetic Dentistry has an office near Grand Central Station in New York City, and it is well worth the trip. I commuted from New Hampshire which is about three times the traveling time you would have on Amtrak or Greyhound. In addition to specializing in implants, Contemporary Dental Implant Centre offers a coupon for the first implant which brings the cost to $2,200 - less if you don't need an extraction. The coupon is advertised in the New York Post which you can purchase in D. C. and in New York Magazine. If you can't find these publications, PM me, and I will send you a coupon.

My implant took one hour, and Dr. Moretzky did the entire process himself unlike other dental practices which separate the process between a DDS and a DMD. Here is the process and payment schedule:

On your first visit, a free consultation, Dr. Moretzky will decide if you have enough bone for the implant to be successful. At that time you sign a contract and teeth impressions are taken and you begin paying the bill. ($700)

On your second visit, you are ready for the implant after paying the bulk of the contract. You have two more small payments near the end of the process.

After your second visit, in which you had the implant and a temporary tooth inserted, you return approximately two or three more times for post-op checkups to see how your bone is healing. No payments are due.

After your bone has healed around the implant, which takes three to four months, you are now ready for the permanent tooth and a small payment.

Two weeks later you return for final insertion and your final payment. (This step may not necessay.)

Here's the phone number: 212-697-2929

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,336 times
you can get dental implants for just US$400 by visiting quarterpricedental.com

Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,675,888 times
[quote=New Hampshire;14223960]Barry M. Moretzky, DMD Dental Implants and Power Whitening New York City, Cosmetic Dentistry has an office near Grand Central Station in New York City, and it is well worth the trip....QUOTE]

Yeah great, but NYC isn't exactly "near Fairfax"!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
But it is doable with a $35 r/t bus ride, and considering the person can save ~$2K on the work, it might be a reasonable alternative for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia