Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 PM

3 posts, read 14,520 times

Advertisements

Hi,

my husband and I are new to the area and we are looking for a good family doctor and a dentist.
We live in Old Town Alexandria, so we are searching within a 10 mile perimeter. Besides these practitioners have to accept our insurance Aetna.

Anybody has any good recommendation?!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
k8p

141 posts, read 395,766 times
I go to McMillan and Associates on S. Washington St for dental care. It's a few doors down from Williams Sonoma. I'm happy with my care and the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,308,954 times
I'm always amazed how much more modern and sophisticated a setup the dentist has versus the doctors. Everything's on a computer and when I sit down in the chair I can see a big screen with my last x-rays on it. I'm disgusted when I walk into a doctor's office and see them pull out a folder with a bunch of paper in it from racks of thousands of such folders and then the doctor walks in, shuffles through it, and marks stuff down with a pen. My big pet peeve is when they ask you to bring your prescriptions bottles with you, when it should all be in a computer file. What's wrong with doctors? Too greedy and cheap to make the same investment the dentist does?

Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM

8 posts, read 16,822 times
I think Dr. Scott McQuiston in Alexandria (about 10 mins. from Old Town and does take your insurance) is a wonderful, caring, gentle and extremely talented doctor who is empathetic (I am the world's most phobic patient). He's been in practice for 22 years, and you couldn't find a nicer person, staff and he is up-to-date with all the latest techniques, including sedation, veneers, implants, etc. His phone is (703) 354-0111, and he's on Shawnee Road, Alex., VA 22312. I truly recommend him.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 PM

262 posts, read 842,165 times
My sister just opened a new adult Internal Medicine (primary care provider) office with Inova in the Children's Hospital Building in Falls Church, VA.

She is very well trained (Massachussets of Technology undergraduate, SUNY - Downstate Medical School, UMDNJ / Rutgers Internal Medicine residency) and since her office has only been open since September 20, there should be no wait for an appointment.

I am not sure if listing Inova link to her profile would be viewed as advertising, so if you have any potential interest, please just PM me and I will send you her Inova page via PM.

(for poster above commenting about how nice dentist's office is vs. doctor, you have to remember that a lot of dentists are cash only, so they don't have their actual compensation drastically reduced by insurance company. Whatever doctor submits will probably get significantly reduced to get approved by insurance company and a decent amount of times the whole claim is completely rejected - i. e. they get no money for services provided. Electronic medical record for a dentist may just be a Dell computer with software program; doctors may have to use same system that Inova or Arlington Hospital has already purchased).

Last edited by mshan242709; 10-26-2010 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia