Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

8,996 posts, read 21,241,833 times

Advertisements

Commuting from Stafford to DC won't be a short commute to be sure, although living close to the Virginia Railway Express might alleviate some of the stress of traveling that distance.

It also helps that you'll have two months to regain the lay of the land so you will have plenty of opportunities to scout out different places.

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,497,911 times
I think you would have less of an issue in finding a house to rent with a dog in Stafford than some other closer-in areas, though it all depends upon an invidual landlord. Good luck in the search!

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM

696 posts, read 1,699,424 times
Welcome back! We are bound to have a much snow-free winter than last, or so I'm told! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM

32,632 posts, read 77,853,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
since I don't want to be told again I need a blog.
Someone on here actually told you that? I'm so sorry to hear someone could have been so snappy. What's with the callousness of this sub-forum?

Quote:
My husband got the job in DC, we will leave NM on June 14th. Thankfully the timing worked out that my kids can finish school, our oldest graduated from college this weekend and the next oldest is moving to Texas on Thursday. So I can leave here with peace of mind. The only downside is we decided to leave our dog with my parents so as not to limit our housing options.
Congratulations, and welcome back to the area. Your presence on the sub-forum has been missed.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:01 PM

32,632 posts, read 77,853,088 times
Quote:
I haven't been on CD in awhile and had wondered if you were moved yet. Glad your move went good and hope you land a job pretty quickly.
I'll second this. I was the only one on this sub-forum to my knowledge who had the pleasure of meeting Alan on a few occasions, and I can safely say that NoVA's loss is Kentucky's gain!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,304,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtodcfromseattle View Post
Welcome back! We are bound to have a much snow-free winter than last, or so I'm told! I hope the transition goes smoothly.

OMgoodness I sure hope so. I was laughing just this weekend at my husband, my car needs new tires so he was trying to find the best for snow and ice. I kept telling him everyone said this last winter was not normal but he kept insisting we needed tires that would work well in snow and ice.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM

4,262 posts, read 9,304,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Someone on here actually told you that? I'm so sorry to hear someone could have been so snappy. What's with the callousness of this sub-forum?

Congratulations, and welcome back to the area. Your presence on the sub-forum has been missed.
Ahh thanks for the welcome. I was glad to read that you were doing better, sorry things got so bad for you earlier in the year.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM

389 posts, read 1,233,188 times
Let me know if you need help on Stafford info

Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 AM

871 posts, read 2,119,489 times
We'll be glad to have you back ajz. Good luck with your upcoming move. Let us know, either in posts here or DMs, how we can help you.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,121,455 times
Glad to hear that you'll be returning to the area! yes, definitely feel free to write /share anything with us. Best of luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia