Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,378,752 times

Advertisements

I had some friends who lived in Carydale East. It wasn't a bad place by any means, nothing wrong with the building itself. Definitely a safe area, and all the residents I saw there were nice. However, it is an old building and my friends did have some roach issues there. Not sure if that was the building's fault or just their fault for leaving food out. If you're aware of that issue and willing to deal with it, it'd be fine. The apartments are a steal compared to the others in this area.

Not familiar with Windsor at Arbors, but I do know that area and it's also pretty safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,075,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
I had some friends who lived in Carydale East. It wasn't a bad place by any means, nothing wrong with the building itself. Definitely a safe area, and all the residents I saw there were nice. However, it is an old building and my friends did have some roach issues there. Not sure if that was the building's fault or just their fault for leaving food out. If you're aware of that issue and willing to deal with it, it'd be fine. The apartments are a steal compared to the others in this area.
I'm bumping this thread because it talkd about Carydale East, and I've been meaning to pass on a review of this wrongly maligned complex. I had some friends who were on a tight budget and rented at Carydale East. They were nervous about this because of the comments found in the apartment reviews. However, it worked out well for them. Carydale East is not deluxe, by any means, but it's safe and a good place for the money. It's old, so you might have some insect issues. But if you're on a tight budget and can tolerate buying your own roach spray, you'll be ok.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I'm bumping this thread because it talkd about Carydale East, and I've been meaning to pass on a review of this wrongly maligned complex.
I don't know this complex personally, but I'm not surprised to hear it has been unfairly maligned on one of those apartment review websites. I've noticed those sites are frequently wrong. I guess people who are just mad at the world post all sorts of extreme comments. Sometimes comments seem to be written by people who have legitimate gripes, but they sound exaggerated.

There are plenty of apartment complexes that are not great, and that I would not recommend. But it's hard to believe they're as bad as some of these reviews would have you think.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I don't know this complex personally, but I'm not surprised to hear it has been unfairly maligned on one of those apartment review websites. I've noticed those sites are frequently wrong. I guess people who are just mad at the world post all sorts of extreme comments. Sometimes comments seem to be written by people who have legitimate gripes, but they sound exaggerated.

There are plenty of apartment complexes that are not great, and that I would not recommend. But it's hard to believe they're as bad as some of these reviews would have you think.
exactly! People tend to exaggerate their negative reviews instead of giving us the whole story.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
exactly! People tend to exaggerate their negative reviews instead of giving us the whole story.
I guess that's human nature. Also, people who are happy with an apartment tend to be busy with other concerns. But people who are unhappy about a place will bother to find an apartment review site to complain about it.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:38 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,075,798 times
The thing is, a lot of people can't afford the expensive deluxe places. If all you can afford is Carydale East it's an ok place to live until you can afford something nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia