Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:28 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,168,905 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to Centreville soon and looking to see if there are any other gyms besides Lifetime in that immediate area? Saw a Gold's off off 28th closer to 50, but that is too far away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Need some suggestions so please let's hear them.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 PM

97 posts, read 321,181 times
My husband and I like Lifetime. Fairly expensive, but good equipment, lots of it, great hot tubs, and convenient and reasonable child care.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:25 PM

Great to hear! Do they typically charge an initiation fee? Any discount for family members? Do they have a "basic" membership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmonkey View Post
My husband and I like Lifetime. Fairly expensive, but good equipment, lots of it, great hot tubs, and convenient and reasonable child care.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM

Still looking for feedback on gyms in the area besides Lifetime. Thanks

Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,745 times
I was a member of Lifetime for about a month when I first moved to C-ville. I was pretty disappointed overall, though. No bumper plates, no dip belts, and no jump ropes (I was told they can't keep belts or jump ropes because members steal them). It was $70 a month for an individual.

I left a membership at Washington Sports Club in Fairfax where I was paying $43 a month. They were good... barebones (ie no pool or basketball), but comfortable.

I ended up just buying my own equipment for my basement (which will pay itself off after 2 years of Lifetime memberships). Locally, I would check out the Gold's Gym in Manassass (off 28) or Fitness First in Chantilly near the Lowes. Nothing big is close in C-ville. Best of luck!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM

110 posts, read 248,250 times
LA Fitness!

I transfered my membership with me when I relo'd from So Cal. There's probably only the Sterling club right now as far as what's closest to Centerville. But there's also Alexandria & Arlington I believe and 1 thing I can tell you about LA Fitness, they'll continue to build.

They sprung up a few in So Cal and within like 2 years they were freakin everywhere. They're on that track now and their monthly is around $35.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 AM

97 posts, read 321,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Great to hear! Do they typically charge an initiation fee? Any discount for family members? Do they have a "basic" membership?
It's been a while, so I'm not sure, but I do think they charge an initiation fee. But you do not have to sign a contract. There are family rates. I think we pay somewhere around $110 a month for two people and two children using the child care center.

I'm not sure what kind of memeberships they have. We don't have any of the extras on our membership like rock wall priviledges, etc.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:51 AM

Yeah, Sterling Club would be too far.

Are they planning on building any other LA Fitness locations in the immediate area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymax View Post
LA Fitness!

I transfered my membership with me when I relo'd from So Cal. There's probably only the Sterling club right now as far as what's closest to Centerville. But there's also Alexandria & Arlington I believe and 1 thing I can tell you about LA Fitness, they'll continue to build.

They sprung up a few in So Cal and within like 2 years they were freakin everywhere. They're on that track now and their monthly is around $35.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 AM

"$110 a month for two people and two children using the child care center." isn't bad.

Does that give you access mainly to the main floor gym?

Anyway of getting around their initiation fees or they eve have any promos on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmonkey View Post
It's been a while, so I'm not sure, but I do think they charge an initiation fee. But you do not have to sign a contract. There are family rates. I think we pay somewhere around $110 a month for two people and two children using the child care center.

I'm not sure what kind of memeberships they have. We don't have any of the extras on our membership like rock wall priviledges, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia