Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 02:09 AM

67 posts, read 179,464 times

Advertisements

So, we are moving back into our home in NoVa this summer. Without a doubt, I want 25/25 FIOS internet from Verizon. With that as a given, what do y'all recommend for TV, land line and cell? My husband clings to the notion that 911 will never find us if we don't have a land line. We only need two cell phones for basic text and talk (so I'm think skip Verizon and go with Straight Talk). That leaves TV. And that's where I get myself in trouble. Since we left, digital TV came into the area along with Hulu, Netflix, etc. direct downloading off the internet.

Does anyone out there not have cable/satellite TV? If so, how do you do it? Am I just better off going with a Verizon bundle and not torturing myself with complicated hardware setups?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,333,258 times
We use Comcast for phone, cable, and internet. We pay $124 a month. (It was $99 a month but they do different promos all the time) I hate talking to them...really HATE dealing with them. But they are cheaper than Verizon so that is why we use them. (we are on a budget)

We use Verizon for cell. I pay $45 a month for my plan.

We would like FIOS, but it is about $150 a month...They have specials, but still more expensive than Comcast for the stuff we need (we get extra boxes, dvr, etc.)

I would call both and compare.

We had thought about dropping the phone but I have kids and it does worry me about 911. Although if we lose power, we lose the phone and HAVE to rely on the cell phone. But having the landline gives me peace of mind...especially when I lose my cell phone

Cox is also in some areas here. My in-laws have it and I have never heard them complain about it.

Good luck with your move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia