Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 PM

86 posts, read 376,669 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at the Myerton apartments in Arlington, but they don't have a rating on apartmentratings.com. Does anyone know anything about these units/the area surrounding them. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 PM

7 posts, read 61,706 times
I live a block or so from Myerton. It's an older garden apartment complex that was beautifully converted last year to condos . . . just as the condo market tanked. They didn't sell although they are VERY nice, so now they're rentals. Not walking distance to the Metro but there are bus lines close by. The neighborhood is very safe (in fact, the armed guards at the gate to Fort Myer Army Post are a block away so nobody's gonna try much around there). Very convenient to DC, Pentagon, Rosslyn. One Downside: there is frequent helicopter traffic into/out of Fort Myer and the Pentagon, but rarely at night. One Upside: every morning and night you hear the bugle calls from Myer ending with Taps every night at 11. Kind of a nice way to end the day. I actually looked at them with an eye toward buying but, as I said, they went rental.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 AM

86 posts, read 376,669 times
Thanks for the info... I think I'll go look at them this weekend!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,116 times
hi. i was wondering if you decided to move to the myerton and what you think?? i am seriously contemplating moving there and would love some thoughts! thanks!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM

10 posts, read 23,157 times
I will be looking at these apartments this weekend. I actually drove by them last week, and the area seems ok, not great (at least some of the other apartments, townhomes in the area, didn't look as nice). Is this a safe area? Do you see people hanging out in the corners or in the street at odd hours of the night? Any insights about the area will be great.

Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM

6 posts, read 53,777 times
Anymore reviews???

Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 53,777 times
Bump

Did anyone decide to rent there? If so, what is it like? I'm going to view it soon.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,704 times
Default ...checked it out...

I've been trying to do research on this place too. I live in a townhouse very close by and need to move by the end of march. I haven't been able to find any reviews on it and haven't spoken to anyone who lives there. Having lived near it for a year, I will have to say I like the area. Not walking distance (I've had a drunk stumble from Clarendon to this area before...not too bad, but not anything I'd suggest doing on a regular basis unless you need the exercise). It's not too far away from anything really, and living in this area cuts several hundreds of $$ off of rent. Bus is pretty easy to clarendon metro in the a.m. and there is one that takes you straight into DC. A couple of my neighbors had their radios stolen from their cars, but, I've had my radio stolen from my parents driveway in upper-middle class suburbia...nothing violent or crazy as far as crime goes.

I checked out an apartment there and it was nice. My roommates and I filled out an app and hope we get the place. For us, it's in a familiar area, very close move and the apt was nicest we'd seen in our searches. I did have an ex that was looking at a 1br there, and she raved about the kitchen, but its non-walking distance from the metro and small sq. footage turned her off. From my understanding, the 1br's are less than 700 sq ft, 2br's under 1000 sq ft...can be cramped, but depends on your life style.

My only concerns at this point are quality of building management response, cost of the utilities we'll have to pay, what the neighbors are like and of course there is always a fear of bugs/rodents in a building, but sometimes that's dependent on the tenants as much as the building. Hope this info helps...I'll update if I get anymore info.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,487 times
Hi, I am now looking at moving into Myerton. I am looking at one of the smaller one bedrooms. Off the bat - I would say a big downfall is the closet size and no additional storage.

My other question for anyone who may live there - does the combo washer/dryer work well?

Otherwise I think it is a good location and nicely remodeled.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 34,482 times
Why exactly does everyone here think this place is not walkable from Clarendon/metro?

108 South Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 22204
this is the address from the website, and from this map it looks literally down the street from Court House metro and only several blocks away from Clarendon. What is your point of comparison? I am not trying to argue I just want to clarify--I am moving to Arlington in a month or two and I would LOVE to take part in the WALKABLE nightlife of Clarendon without paying $2000 a month to do so, and I was under the impression this place would allow me to do it. Where are you guys talking about walking from? Any info would be appreciated!!

Last edited by gth790r; 05-05-2009 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: