Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM

167 posts, read 496,392 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a home inspector that will do home inspections in Fairfax County. The house that I'm looking to buy is a foreclosure in North Springfield. From unexperienced eyes like mine, it MAY have water leakage and structural issue. The reason why I said it might have structural issue is because there are at least 2-3 visible horizontal cracks on the wall, each about 5-ft long in the basement. From my internet research, horizontal cracks could be a problem but I'd like to go ahead and make an offer anyway and get an expert opinion on the matter during home inspection. If it's a big problem, I may still be able to walk away from the deal.

I would like to find my own home inspector rather than using my realtor's recommended home inspector. Can anyone recommend me an inspector or two that are specialized in structural inspection and water intrusion inspection. I'd love to find an inspector that is an expert in all aspects of home inspection. However, I don't know if one exists, so I'd like to find one that is specialized in the areas that concern me the most. Thanks for the help in advance!

Also, other advices/suggestions/comments welcome! I'm a newbie at homebuying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:26 AM

167 posts, read 496,392 times
By the way, John Haske is the inspector my realtor recommends. This is his website: John Haske & Associates - Certified Home Inspector

Anyone had him inspect your house before?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 PM

254 posts, read 591,236 times
I hired Ed Donofrio Donofrio & Associates , Inspecting the Northern Virgniia Region (http://www.donofrioinspections.com/contact.php - broken link), i think he has the qualifications you are looking for... also he is a very nice guy so you can easily ask lots of questions.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM

61 posts, read 239,452 times
I have used John Nelson from National Property Inspectors. I am very impressed by him. His inspection is very thorough. His phone is (571) 330-0974 and email is npiguy@comcast.net. The website is Woodbridge - Gainesville, Virginia VA: Home Inspection and Commercial Building Inspector
Disclaimer: I only know him through the inspection and he was recommended to me by my agent.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,320,291 times
Keith Reeve. VERY smart and knows his stuff. I just took one of his classes (for my real estate post licensing education) and I was very impressed by him. Just put my home on the market and am thinking about having him come in BEFORE a contract so we can be prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia