Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 PM

35 posts, read 132,797 times

Advertisements

crown point is a nice city~decent home prices, decent property tax(depends on where), close to 65, decent schools

st john is a nice bedroom community for commuters to IL~born and raised in st john but way to many people moving in and out because of tax prices, home prices are crazy unless you find an older home, lake central school corp is horrible make sure look for homes in the hanover township part of town so your kids would go to HC instead of LC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:30 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,744,775 times
Hanover High School in Cedar Lake?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 AM

35 posts, read 132,797 times
yes if you live in Hanover Township then your kids will go to Lincoln Elem then to Hanover Central in Cedar Lake

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Hanover High School in Cedar Lake?
There are parts of St. John that are Hanover Township.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,744,775 times
And part of Cedar Lake goes to Crown Point High School, Center Township.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,494 times
Live in CP presently - if still looking, you want to look south of 101st to be in CP schools - children?,you do not want Merrillville schools - do searches on school scores...It's a quiet, friendly town and has not been bambarded with a lot of retail (yet). Shopping is 10 - 15 minutes away - excellent shopping is Illinois (40 mins.) As far price range - in the more seasoned area ( older but tons of character) you may want to look in town, towards the square or even in Lakes of Four Seasons ( Lake County side) so pretty in there. Depending on how diverse you choose to be - there's always Merrillville but do your homework - property values have declined a bit. We're selling our home ( on the market in April) but will run around mid 200,000's). Happy shopping - do your homework - and lots of searches.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 27,321 times
Default Lofs

I live in CP (lake of the Four Seasons) Porter County side very nice.. and schools are very one on one with the children I have 2 kids in PLE... I am from Chicago I miss the city every now and then but would never leave the Seasons,....Stacy

Old 06-10-2009, 08:38 AM

4 posts, read 11,475 times
im drawn towards crown point because i grew up there,it is small town america at its finest,my favorite part of the town is the "Square" so many good memories,as mentioned in a post before mine/ st john,dyer,lowell,great towns

Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM

25 posts, read 63,818 times
Default various factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by slol9056 View Post
Can anyone tell me why there are so many houses for sale in Crown Point? My Husband and I are looking to relocate to the area, and everything (in our price range) is in Crown Point. I expected to find nothing in Munster and a couple other cities because of our price range, but we are having no luck really anywhere. Is the town getting bad? Or is it just our price range?
How is Crown Point? HELP!

Actually, you may still find a nice place in Munster, Dyer, Hammond, or Schererville. Crown Point's situation is also due to "new" developments whch collapsed in this bad economy but also many people are trying to "relocate" to places near major metro areas due to "employment" proximity. Just variious factors. P.S., if you are going to buy-DONT buy at fair market- negotiate the price always!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana