Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,890 times

Advertisements

Subba, where did you end up choosing? I just moved to Oahu, and I've got almost identical concerns when it comes to picking a place to live. We've got about two weeks to find a place, but the sooner the better! I'll be working on Fort Shafter, my girlfriend (no kids) right off Hickam AFB. She's leaning heavy towards Kailua/Kaneohe, and I'm open to that, but I'd also like to consider some of the areas on the other side of the mts, i.e. salt lake, aiea, nuuanu, punchbowl, etc... I'll be touring all of these areas and more for the next few days probably...

Any advice will be much obliged!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM

346 posts, read 971,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subba View Post
Kukui Plaza,
Don't

Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,599,282 times
Give the Cragiside condos on Nuuanu Ave a look. I lived there for a few years while working off Island.. Great location, 10 minutes to the airport, you can walk to downtown, and it almost has a country feel to it. Just get a higher floor unit, facing either up toward the Pali or out towards Barbers Point. If I were working on Oahu again, that's where I'd be living... AND HARDLY ANY CANNIBALS!!!! Maybe that has something to do with all the graveyards being so close by......... Seriously, (and that won't last long), it;s worth a look.

Aloha and,, uuuurrrrpppp,,, scuze me,,, okolemaluna......

Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 AM

45 posts, read 130,877 times
We lived in Salt Lake on Ali Ilima st. Lots of Apartments/condos on that street and banking and Safeway are nearby. It was a safe area. If you have the need there is a small park there too for some sports but also a nice area to walk around in for exercise. Nice central location to get to Hickam and Fort Shafter from. Easy to get downtown or to go over the Pali to Kailua and visit North shore beaches on the weekends. Very easy drive downtown to go do some shopping or at Pearl Ridge. Pick your side of the building to be up a few floors for the breeze and on the south eastern corner if possible to avoid the afternoon sun that makes the building hot in the afternoons. Believe me, you have no A/C in most places so where you are situated to get a breeze makes a lot of difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu