Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 02:22 PM

6 posts, read 33,283 times

Advertisements

Hello, I will be moving to Mililani, Oahu on January 1st and am very excited! I have done some research on some furniture stores but would like to learn if anyone has any past experiences they'd like to share. We are looking for two bed sets (1 queen, 1 full) with possible night stands/dressers, couch/love seat, coffee table, end tables, dining room table.

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as- where not to go, who carries quality furniture, good warranties, delivery, etc.? We can also shop at the exchanges, how is their selection of furniture?

Any help would be grateful, thank you so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,017,648 times
I don't know how it is on Oahu, but on the other islands beds are really expensive and there aren't many places to get them. If it is possible to have the military ship the beds you have, it might be a good idea.

You can check the phone book, but Craig's List and garage sales are good places to get furniture. There are always folks moving away from the islands who can't or don't want to afford to ship their stuff when they go.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:39 PM

346 posts, read 967,829 times
Wholesale Mattress Unlimited for beds. Cheapest you'll find most likely.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:54 AM

44 posts, read 264,414 times
Inter-Island hotel furniture has great prices, all used stuff but pretty nice. It's downtown 925 Kokea Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 845-4444

Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,200 times
The Home World stores have nice stuff and are moderately priced. Think American furniture on the mainland. There are 2 locations I know of, Pearl City & Honolulu. The Honolulu store has a Charles Wo's attached, which has more upscale furniture (Tommy Bahama & Ralph Lauren Home etc). The Room Stores are a little lower priced and more basic stuff. I think they're all owned by the same company.
There is a large Inspirations store in Honolulu, but it reminds me of Danish modern. Not to my taste.
I would second the comment that one poster made...if the military is paying to ship your furniture here, buy whatever you need on the mainland. Better prices and larger selection. (Unless you're coming from AK?)

Old 11-22-2010, 01:14 PM

6 posts, read 33,283 times
Great, thanks for all of your suggestions. I don't own any furniture on the mainland and my fiance is already in Oahu and he doesn't have a lot of furniture himself so we are starting fresh when we begin living together.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,062 times
We are also moving to Miliani at the end of December (we've been in temp housing for 2 1/2 weeks), so I've been going from furniture store to furniture store. If you like contemporary, then I'd point you into the direction of INspirations. I walked into that store and thought I'd died and went to heaven. There was so much to look at that my head was spinning around like the exorcist! Unfortunately, a lot of the prices also made my head spin, but they do have a few good deals and have a big sale after Christmas. But, it all depends on what style you prefer. I'm going "minimalist".....which sounds cool, but is really just a way to save money!! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: