Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM

43 posts, read 127,858 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking for an excellent elementary school. We are moving from the mainland and my child will be first grade next school year. It will be a plus if it's close to Pearl City.

So far, I researched about St Elizabeth, Our Savior Lutheran and Holy Family. Do you have any recommendation or advice for these schools? Also, how do you compare these schools vs Sacred Hearts especially for their academic level? She has been doing really great academically at a private school here, so I would like a school with an excellent academic standard. I also appreciate diverse extra curriculum. By the way, religious affiliation is not important to me.

I am so concerned about school choices and I am doing research asking people all over the places. I really appreciate your inputs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,832,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro View Post
Hi,

I am looking for an excellent elementary school. We are moving from the mainland and my child will be first grade next school year. It will be a plus if it's close to Pearl City.

So far, I researched about St Elizabeth, Our Savior Lutheran and Holy Family. Do you have any recommendation or advice for these schools? Also, how do you compare these schools vs Sacred Hearts especially for their academic level? She has been doing really great academically at a private school here, so I would like a school with an excellent academic standard. I also appreciate diverse extra curriculum. By the way, religious affiliation is not important to me.

I am so concerned about school choices and I am doing research asking people all over the places. I really appreciate your inputs!
Taro,
Not sure where in Pearl City you will be living, but the Number 1 public school in the state is Momilani Elementary. People are getting geographic exceptions from all over the island to attend; but alas, they are on lottery.
Now for the Pearl City/Aiea Privates, the two best are The Childrens House and Our Lady of Good Counsel. Both have great reps. I did not send my children to either, but I sure tried like the dickens to getmy grandson into Momilani or The Children's House.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:43 PM

43 posts, read 127,858 times
Yes, I already contacted Momilani about the GE process. However, I was told that they don't have any openings for 1st grade. I also contacted Children's House, but they don't accept new students from the first grade, either. Let me look into Our Lady of Good Counsel. Thank you very much for your reply.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:09 PM

62 posts, read 332,731 times
Aloha,

Sacred Hearts is in Kaimuki and would probably be a nasty drive from Pearl City because you'd have to fight traffic all the way. St. Andrew's Priory is another all girls school that would be closer to P.C. it's downtown, but I've lived here six years and have never known anybody that has gone there. In general the parochial (Catholic) schools are decent here. Our child has attended one since we moved here. They tend to be smaller schools, small class size, etc. They are not going to offer all the extras like some of the bigger schools, but for the price we have found it to be a safe, good quality education. And, uniforms make life easy! We just attended the all Catholic school track meet in Mililani last weekend and there were children from all the island schools. Seemed like a great, diverse group of students.

Best of luck to you!

Old 06-04-2013, 06:00 PM

312 posts, read 1,640,308 times
I have heard Hanalani in Mililani is a good private school, however it is not Catholic. Also if you live in Pearl City and work in town, Hanalani is in the opposite direction. Just an option to look into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: