Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:40 PM

174 posts, read 349,573 times

Advertisements

The Pinnacle is fancy schmanzy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Just looking online and found a condo at the Sovereign which is across the street from the building we live in. It dropped $20,000 in price back in April.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbartist View Post
Just looking online and found a condo at the Sovereign
Well, those seem like super tiny units - seems like most are around 1,100 sq ft, that might be impacting the price.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 PM

29 posts, read 57,151 times
Good conversations. We have tried to distinguish the different areas. We have neighborhood maps printed out with most of the major condos on them. Such as Downtown/Chinatown, Kakaako, Ala Moana, Waikiki, West Honolulu, Central Honolulu, East Honolulu,....... We also have a small 11 pound dog that will have to be taken into consideration. We know about the quarantine time and getting all of our paperwork done in time for immediate release. We also have a list of pet friendly condos and which accept dogs. That will be a big influence in what building we chose. We have no children, and our dog is like our child. Thanks everyone. I will continue to check back for other comments.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,066 times
I personally like the condos around the Ala Moana shopping center, especially Nauru Tower and Hawaiki.
Hokua is also very nice though I feel it's overpriced. The Moana Pacific is a bit more affordable. There is
also the Koolani in that area.

You may want to check if there is any pending litigation or special charges required to address issues
in the buildings, as reflected in the high maintenance fees. The fees are also usually determined by the
sq footage so the larger the unit, the higher the monthly maintenance fees.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:40 PM

29 posts, read 57,151 times
Thanks, zakenjanei. Seems like in my research that Moana Pacific had some type of plumbing problems with all of the condos. PVC or something like that was leaking. I think that they had a litigation suit. I know that there may be a special assessment with the association fees. We like the location of those condos around Ala Moana Center. Very convenient to walk to and a lot of facilities around there.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
The reason the prices at the Moana Pacific seem relatively low compared to other condo's is the litigation - and that litigation makes it hard to get a loan. I've thought about buying there as an investment as you can get decent/premium rent for a unit (another reason loans are hard, the owner occupied percentage is low - people can't sell the unit then rent it out) - the kitchen design/drawers are a real drawback - and the nature of the curved building makes it a challenge to lay out furniture - and some of the floor plans are really awkward - with that said, the higher floors have killer views and the location is very good.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Well, those seem like super tiny units - seems like most are around 1,100 sq ft, that might be impacting the price.
I would love to have 1,100 sq ft - LOL. Our condo is only 488 sq ft - a little more space would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: