Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 01:51 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,760,448 times

Advertisements

^^^^

Further, when moving to Hawaii, shouldn't you know if you have breathing issues that things bloom year round, that vog and smog is an issue and every new years, 4th of july, chinese new years we the people of Hawaii go pupule over fireworks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 02:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,923,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

Further, when moving to Hawaii, shouldn't you know if you have breathing issues that things bloom year round, that vog and smog is an issue and every new years, 4th of july, chinese new years we the people of Hawaii go pupule over fireworks?
What leads you to believe the 175,000 with lung issues in Hawaii moved to Hawaii? You can't be born in Hawaii and have lung issues later in life?

Old 03-27-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
What leads you to believe the 175,000 with lung issues in Hawaii moved to Hawaii? You can't be born in Hawaii and have lung issues later in life?
What makes you believe that the 175,000 cases of lung issues in hawaii has anything to do with just 3 nights a year and for a few hrs a night of fireworks and not smoking cigarettes etc?

Did you know in 2012 car accidents killed 33,561 people in one year alone but we don't see a ban in driving or limiting it or attempts to limit it. Did you know that about 88000 US deaths each year are traced to alcohol use. Wheres the ban? Or the concern for health? Please keep your hands out of our local cultural vices.

This is just one example of intolerance of outsiders and solective moral conveniences.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:48 PM

133 posts, read 182,511 times
We are not now that which we have been. No place on earth is unchanged. The past only remains the past in the movies and videos. And even then, it's just a snippet.

Actually, these HBH posts used to irritate me. Now, I just feel sad for someone who is literally a stranger to all they seem to hold dear. HBH, you are so passionate about a time in the past and it's long gone. I hope that you enjoy where you are (not in Hawaii) and are spending time living life in the present. I wish that you get to live your desired life in the location of your dreams someday. All this yearning must be hard.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Page 3/3

No Mikala43 your right no military invasion the last time we built an imu. But what would happen if we where to pass laws that wasn't in favor of mainland investment interests, military or Unitted States interests or to be absurd say english is banned? Do you think it would be accepted as change? Doubt it.
Your just randomly making stuff up. I'm not going to argue with make believe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-27-2015, 05:23 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Sorry, this conversation is too weird for me. Tapping out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-27-2015, 05:40 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,873,796 times
Quote:
Please keep your hands out of our local cultural vices.

This is just one example of intolerance of outsiders and solective moral conveniences.
Where do you think those local cultural vices came from? They were imported in and they can be taken away. Or they just change as people become more educated. From my experience people that are born and raised in Hawaii are quicker to adapt Mainland ways than the newcomers looking for a change from Mainland life.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:17 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,923,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
From my experience people that are born and raised in Hawaii are quicker to adapt Mainland ways than the newcomers looking for a change from Mainland life.
In that I absolutely agree. There is a local obsession with anything mainland. Try getting dinner at CPK or Chilis - the places are packed with locals. If a new store from the mainland opens it makes the top news story of the night (I remember the recent hype over Victoria's Secret). Even Olive Garden made a top news story when they were going to open in Kapolei. Seriously, Olive Garden. Yuck.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your just randomly making stuff up. I'm not going to argue with make believe.
You know whats funny was when a year ago when there was great debate about local culture and if it existted (pidgin english, crackseed, drinking beer in the garage and watching sumo wrestling for example) You where all hell yeah local all the way it exists, but today its all weird or don't exist when popularity changes? To me thats weird and mainland.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
In that I absolutely agree. There is a local obsession with anything mainland. Try getting dinner at CPK or Chilis - the places are packed with locals. If a new store from the mainland opens it makes the top news story of the night (I remember the recent hype over Victoria's Secret). Even Olive Garden made a top news story when they were going to open in Kapolei. Seriously, Olive Garden. Yuck.
And why is that? Advertising and marketing is another way to change a culture. Tell everyone what they need to be happy and content intel they believe it and forget they live in a tropical paradise with uniqe culture, slow pace etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu