Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 03:02 AM

1 posts, read 781 times

Advertisements

Hi all

Thank you for taking your time to read this post.

My girlfriend (Amanda) and me (Søren) are going to stay on Oahu during the fall of 2014, since I will be doing my master thesis at Manoa University. Amanda will be doing online courses at her current university in Denmark for the duration of our stay.

We are now starting to look for a place to live, but when traveling half-way around the world our knowledge regarding where to live, prices etc. are close to zero

Therefore any help regarding housing and any other general information will be very much appreciated.

We are doing this to get an adventure and see a part of the world where we havn't been before, we would love to live close to so sort of nature water, hills, forest etc.
We both enjoy cooking, so a kitchen with the possibility to cook a decent meal would be lovely. We are accustomed to small quarters so the amount of square feet is not that important.
Our budget for housing has a cap around 1600-1800 $/month. Anything less then this will of course be much appreciated since it will leave economic wiggle room for more adventures

thank you in advance

kind regards

- Søren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM

67 posts, read 159,344 times
I suggest contacting the Off-Campus Housing Referral service offered by the university. Since you are coming so far from home and to a different country, stick with a trustworthy source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu