Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 PM

43 posts, read 62,898 times

Advertisements

My husband has already been commuting spending time in hnl and Las Vegas but we sold our home here in vegas pretty quick so my son and I should be there at the end of August. We got lucky and got a home to rent in kailua in the school district we wanted until we find something to buy. A family friend is going to keep the dogs until quarantine is up in October and we find a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 01:46 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,482,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0967 View Post
My husband has already been commuting spending time in hnl and Las Vegas but we sold our home here in vegas pretty quick so my son and I should be there at the end of August.
If you haven't already done so, you need to get cracking on the paperwork for school registration. School starts here Aug 1.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:19 PM

Thank you .... Yep we are already working on it but he will have to start late. I had called the school a few weeks ago and they said they have kids that have to start at different times due to them being in military so they were used to. I called our school here to get his records and have him released but they don't do that ....the new school in hawaii has to get the release and records are sent straight to them but their computers are down for the summer until August 1st or 4th. That stinks since we didn't want him to start late but it will all work out. We have already had his physical from dr..dentist check..we still have to get the tb test done so maybe next week for that since his dr didn't do them there but did tell us where to go.

If you think of anything else that people forget about please let me know

Old 07-23-2014, 02:23 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,526,965 times
School this year starts on the 5th or 6th dependent upon which grade they will be in.
Yes, the local schools will only accept the prior records if sent directly from the old school.
The physical must be on the official Hawaii Dept of Ed form (not one from the state you are coming from) and the TB test absolutely must be complete. You will need to bring a copy of the birth certificate to the school as well.
Maybe you can offer to pay your local school for the cost of overnight (which will be 2 days) Fedex or similar to speed up the records delivery?

Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
School this year starts on the 5th or 6th dependent upon which grade they will be in.
Yes, the local schools will only accept the prior records if sent directly from the old school.
The physical must be on the official Hawaii Dept of Ed form (not one from the state you are coming from) and the TB test absolutely must be complete. You will need to bring a copy of the birth certificate to the school as well.
Maybe you can offer to pay your local school for the cost of overnight (which will be 2 days) Fedex or similar to speed up the records delivery?
Thank you for info...we got his tb done today so will go back Friday for them to check. I have to take back the form to dr that did his physical to have them fill out since my printer was out of inc when we did that. I noticed when looking at the form that he also has to have a chest X-ray ?? Really ..for what? So I still have to get that done. I was going to call school tomorrow to ask if we have to personally bring in or sign something to have the records on their way or is it something that can be filled out and emailed or faxed in. My husband is heading back to hnl Saturday so would like to get that request process started but they may not do that until school starts who knows. Thank you for birth certificate reminder and good idea on offering to pay for FedEx. Mahalo

Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,261,302 times
Best of luck with your move.
I'll bet you get some family members who would like to visit you, who you haven't seen in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: