Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 PM

130 posts, read 282,107 times

Advertisements

Has anyone hunted on Oahu? (Resident or Non-Resident?)

Care to share your experiences?

What did you hunt? I know there's feral hogs, but what are the other game species?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,648 times
I don't hunt, but live in Waianae, and a lot of hunting for feral hogs goes on here.

They generally use a pack of dogs for the hunts (with RC/GPS collars) back in the mountains behind the cities. I know there are goats, and have heard there are deer (I've seen goats and pigs, never a deer though), but am not sure if you can hunt the goats - I've never seen one on a truck hood coming back from the hunt, bet they may be too hard to hunt with dogs, knives and no guns...

Gun laws are pretty restrictive here.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:01 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,817,548 times
I've heard this is a good place to do some hunting.
Aloha stadium swap meet is one of the largest Swap meets in Hawaii. Experience the great shopping at Aloha Hawaii swap meet and Flea Market at Honalulu region

Old 06-22-2015, 11:44 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,256,262 times
Most of the Hunting are through Outfitters. Game is on the Big Island, Maui, Kauai, Lanai, Molokai, along with wild bore on Oahu.
Like mention above Gun laws are pretty restrictive here.
Links below are a couple of outfitters groups. I do not know them, so cannot make a comment. Due Diligence is required to verify if good or bad experiences?

Are you ready to hunt in Hawaii? Hook You Up Outfitters can take you to any island for hunting, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Kauai and the Big Island of Hawaii. We offer hunting trips for axis deer, Hawaiian wild boar and goats, as well as bird hunting. All our Hawaii hunts are control guided harvest and your preference of hunting style and choice of game.
Hawaii Hunting Trips | Hunting in Hawaii

Game & Locations
Hawaii Safaris specializes in Hunting on the Big Island, Maui, Molokai and Lanai for Axis deer, Goat, Mouflon Sheep, Black Hawaiian Sheep, Boar and more. View our noted game types below with seasonal times. For pricing, travel and reservation requests, please Contact us here.
Hawaii Exotic Game Hunts, Kona, Big Island and Lanai

Hope this is what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: