Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:18 AM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
The insanity reaches a whole new level of absurdity.

I obviously meant that "locals" clearly represent ANYONE BUT TOURISTS. No need to artificially cover up your disgust for the indigenous people of Hawaii. It's quite glaringly obvious.

I'm still in shock that you, viper and other fellow clueless minions think walking well over a mile round trip to go shopping at a luxury mall or eat at a fine-dining restaurant is acceptable by most people. Particularly when people circle for 20 minutes looking for a parking stall in Ala Moana when the rooftop parking on the DH wing by Ala Moana Hotel/Macy's is always half vacant. Shoppers at Ala Moana won't walk 500 feet to do their shopping but they'll surely walk 3,000 ft for the IMP.

I love the absurdity on these forums... keep it coming!!

Indigenous | Define Indigenous at Dictionary.com

Old 09-11-2016, 02:52 AM

1,585 posts, read 2,114,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Who waits 4.5 hours to have dinner unless they are throughly enjoying the wait?

Were MANY free cocktails served?
They were waiting but of course partook in consuming calories in other ways until the food arrived.

4.5 hours isn't even that long for a typical night out for the people I spend time with. Admittedly, it's sometimes 1 hour or more before we even order the main entrees after being seated. It's likely we're all alcoholics and everyone else (but us) is out the front door and home inside of 3 hours... but I tend to think (based on other friends and what I see around me going out) that there are many others out there just like us.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Benefits Queens

Creates a lot jobs

Generates a lot of taxes by tourist spending and taxes on income.

Come on HBH, don't be so naive.
Who is being naive?

1. Benefits Queens

Are you talking about the Queens Medical? Again only a small portion of rents are going to Queens Medical.

2.Creates a lot jobs.

Again with Hawai'i being one of the highest cost of living vs wages. Createing more low wage service based jobs doesn't help.

3. Generates a lot of taxes by tourist spending and taxes on income.

Again the issue is benefiting the people of Oahu. How does creating more tax helping, when it will be mismanaged or going to special interests?

I could ask you why are you so naive to think doing the same things over and over again will change the outcomes? Sometimes i believe you guys deserve the negative outcomes of your actions because you refuse to change the way you think in general.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Why can't you stay on topic?

The Queen Emma Land Co. has a specific fiduciary duty to fulfill.
Uncle the topic is not parking lots ok.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/45286283-post1.html

Here is the trusts mission.

“To fulfill the intent of Queen Emma and King Kamehameha IV to provide in perpetuity quality health care services to improve the well-being of Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawaii.”

Again uncle i ask how does building a highend shopping mall that 90% of all profit will go off island will help in this mission? Im only responding to your comment that the new international market place is in existence to "help hawaii people".

As a human being im just stunned with the notion that nothing can be a solution in our country unless others not effected by the original issue or cause can get rich off the solution first.

Last edited by Kaimuki kid two; 09-11-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 11:41 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:

4.5 hours isn't even that long for a typical night out for the people I spend time with. Admittedly, it's sometimes 1 hour or more before we even order the main entrees after being seated. It's likely we're all alcoholics and everyone else (but us) is out the front door and home inside of 3 hours... but I tend to think (based on other friends and what I see around me going out) that there are many others out there just like us.
The restaurants must love you sitting around keeping a table for over 4.5 hours and not ordering for an hour. Did you happen to think others have reservations or that is just plain rude?

Do you think that's fair to your waiter or waitress?

Last edited by whtviper1; 09-11-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:

I'm still in shock that you, viper and other fellow clueless minions think walking well over a mile round trip to go shopping at a luxury mall or eat at a fine-dining restaurant is acceptable by most people. Particularly when people circle for 20 minutes looking for a parking stall in Ala Moana when the rooftop parking on the DH wing by Ala Moana Hotel/Macy's is always half vacant. Shoppers at Ala Moana won't walk 500 feet to do their shopping but they'll surely walk 3,000 ft for the IMP.

:
Everyone else in shock you can't manage $4 for 3 hours of parking or $10 for 4 hours. I hate to break it to you but those places would love to fire you as a customer to hog a table that long.

Think about your waiter or waitress next time you sit at a table for over 5 hours and how you impacted their livelihood

Last edited by whtviper1; 09-11-2016 at 11:56 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
The restaurants must love you sitting around keeping a table for over 4.5 hours and not ordering for an hour. Did you happen to think others have reservations or that is just plain rude?

Do you think that's fair to your waiter or waitress?
Quote:
Everyone else in shock you can't manage $4 for 3 hours of parking or $10 for 4 hours. I hate to break it to you but those places would love to fire you as a customer to hog a table that long.

Think about your waiter or waitress next time you sit at a table for over 5 hours and how you impacted their livelihood

Fair to the waiter or waitress? Impacted their livelihood?? LOLLLLLL. You just can't make this stuff up.

Did you not read the "alcoholics" comment? Main entrees? Of course you did... you're just THAT clueless.

Ever wonder why waiters often ask "would you like to start off with something to drink?" "Maybe an appetizer?" We actually DRINK while we wait and decide to order the MAIN ENTREES. A LOT. And since you obviously know nothing about restaurant margins... they are virtually all in ALCOHOL. We also may decide on a couple small starters... since you apparently didn't know you can order food before the main entrees. Shocking, I know.

I don't think we've ever gone out where the food bill was actually higher than the alcohol bill. In fact, the alcohol portion is usually double or more the food portion. We spend far more money per hour than the average customer at any restaurant.

Waiters LOVE us.

Last edited by pj737; 09-11-2016 at 01:43 PM..

Old 09-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Fair to the waiter or waitress? Impacted their livelihood?? LOLLLLLL. You just can't make this stuff up.

Did you not read the "alcoholics" comment? Main entrees? Of course you did... you're just THAT clueless.

Ever wonder why waiters often ask "would you like to start off with something to drink?" "Maybe an appetizer?" We actually DRINK while we wait and decide to order the MAIN ENTREES. A LOT. And since you obviously know nothing about restaurant margins... they are virtually all in ALCOHOL. We also may decide on a couple small starters... since you apparently didn't know you can order food before the main entrees. Shocking, I know.

I don't think we've ever gone out where the food bill was actually higher than the alcohol bill. In fact, the alcohol portion is usually double or more the food portion. We spend far more money per hour than the average customer at any restaurant.

Waiters LOVE us.
I see. Who's driving then? Classic.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I see. Who's driving then? Classic.

We go out in groups of 6-10 people. There are always a couple of people that either don't consume any alcohol or consume an amount that still keeps them under the .08% threshold when it's time to leave (we use BAC meters). The longer stays allows people to metabolize the alcohol (coupled with consuming food). NOBODY in our groups hit the road drunk. We watch over each other and ensure everyone gets behind the wheel sober AND home safe. Also, we all live VERY CLOSE to the urban core venues we attend and have used Pony's cab service on numerous occasions. Since you're in Kailua where cabs won't even bother going, you probably are unaware of a service where they will take you AND your car home from wherever you left it for a double cab fare. Totally fair and great service for those that decided to drink more than they anticipated.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:10 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times
Quote:

Did you not read the "alcoholics" comment? Main entrees?

We actually DRINK while we wait and decide to order the MAIN ENTREES. A LOT. And since you obviously know nothing about restaurant margins... they are virtually all in ALCOHOL.

I don't think we've ever gone out where the food bill was actually higher than the alcohol bill. In fact, the alcohol portion is usually double or more the food portion.
That does explain the erratic behavior.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS POST DRUNK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu