Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 AM

1,585 posts, read 2,118,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
They could've parked at zoo - $1/hour.

IMP isn't targeted to locals anyway.
No they couldn't have. It's always at capacity and the walk would be impractical to 99% of the population.

Tourists aren't going to park at the IMP. Lower rates would attract locals.

Of course we know that this is not what the IMP investors want.

And that was my point from the beginning.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:35 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,975,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
It's always at capacity and the walk would be impractical to 99% of the population.
Hmmmm, personally never had a problem with zoo parking.

Didn't anyone see the parking rates? I still think $4 for 3 hours with validation is a good rate for the heart of Waikiki- there needs to be some personal responsibility to notice the parking rates or at least use some common sense that over 6 hours is going to cost $$$

Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 PM

More empty spots than cars at 5:45 pm on a Thursday today.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:53 PM

293 posts, read 362,886 times
I think that was about where I parked two years ago Viper when we were there. LOL. Hard to believe it's now been two years and two days since we spent a month there. Gotta come back soon.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
More empty spots than cars at 5:45 pm on a Thursday today.
The cherry picking King strikes again!

Your timing is, of course, impeccable. Nobody is driving today. Maybe you should watch the news to see why.

The zoo parking is normally packed. There is no guarantee you'll get parking there.

But most importantly, you completely ignored my statement about the distance between the IMP and zoo parking as being impractical for almost everyone. That alone is a deal killer. So availability of parking at the zoo is pointless.

Apparently that was completely over your head.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Nobody is driving today. Maybe you should watch the news to see why.

The zoo parking is normally packed.
Nobody is driving? I sure had a lot of traffic to deal with.

Obama didn't land until 9pm.

Zoo parking "might" be packed when you go. Not when I go. You seem a bit out of touch as I go to Waikiki a few times a week - my experience with zoo parking around 5:30 - 6:00 is wide open (check the photo).

I thought the sunset shadows were a nice touch.

Are there 4 cars to at least 60 open spots??

Old 09-02-2016, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Nobody is driving? I sure had a lot of traffic to deal with.

Obama didn't land until 9pm.

Zoo parking "might" be packed when you go. Not when I go. You seem a bit out of touch as I go to Waikiki a few times a week - my experience with zoo parking around 5:30 - 6:00 is wide open (check the photo).

I thought the sunset shadows were a nice touch.

Are there 4 cars to at least 60 open spots??
People are avoiding driving in town yesterday and today. That's a fact. You'd be living under a rock if you didn't know that.

You're still ignoring my other comment that your recommendation for IMP visitors to park there is ridiculous. Stay on topic... we are talking about IMP, not the zoo parking.

And the zoo parking is packed MOST of the time. If you go when everyone just left the beach and zoo, of course it's not going to be packed. 90% of the time, it's packed.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
You're still ignoring my other comment that your recommendation for IMP visitors to park there is ridiculous.
Well - no. It's ridiculous to park at IMP more than 3 hours. That'll cost you a whopping $4 with validation ( same as Royal Hawaiian Center).

Old 09-02-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Well - no. It's ridiculous to park at IMP more than 3 hours. That'll cost you a whopping $4 with validation ( same as Royal Hawaiian Center).
Good grief. My point is that if you spend good money at the IMP, you shouldn't be charged nearly $30 for parking. This may be OK in SF where you came from... but it is NOT ok for locals. The system should be designed so that if you legitimately shop and dine at the venue, you should't be hit with ridiculous parking fees (and yes, $30 for parking is ridiculous to ALL locals). Regardless of whether you think 3 hours is plenty of time, it's simply bad business practice.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 9,725 times
If you haven't got it yet? It has nothing to do with adopting or living our custom way of life. The whole central theme is what Hawaii can be with change. Really if you look at the New International Marketplace and really look at it one can see that the change happening has nothing to do with going forward in life with new different things but replacing the past(ours)with a different past(theirs). I agree the NIMP its very pretty now. Sad its old spirit is gone as well.

Places like Abercrombie, Anthropologie, Banana Republic and Saks Fifth Avenue have been on the mainland for at least a decade now nothing new. Its a shame that the japanese tourist wants highend. I miss the Hawaiicana that the mainland tourist in the past wanted, corny as it was. Im greatful they saved the banyan and have a few local stores. Its not all bad. But i just can't help but feel that the developers saved the banyan and added local stores to avoid uproar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu