Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 07:05 AM

19 posts, read 21,755 times

Advertisements

Finally, moving home to Oahu for my retirement!
I'm moving from Northern VA to Oahu and will need to ship approximately 4'x8'x4' 1,000lbs of personal stuff.
Please let me know if anyone is willing to share a container.
Also, what is the best way to ship my 8-feet long crate?
Mahalo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 05:37 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,258,314 times
Can you check in the DC/VA/Maryland area's if anyone one is moving/transferring same time to Oahu?
Might be easier to find someone.
Best of Luck,
Scott

Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 PM

451 posts, read 412,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoHI View Post
Finally, moving home to Oahu for my retirement!
I'm moving from Northern VA to Oahu and will need to ship approximately 4'x8'x4' 1,000lbs of personal stuff.
Please let me know if anyone is willing to share a container.
Also, what is the best way to ship my 8-feet long crate?
Mahalo!
Have you checked out those 'pod' type of aluminum containers and the various shipping/moving companies that utilize them? They seem about the size of and LD2/3 airline freight container. I occasionally see them on flatbeds around town.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,209 times
Hello,
I might be interested in sharing a container around that time. I would be coming from Pittsburgh, so it's not too far a drive. However, i've never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure how it all works and what the various size options are, etc. I have a one bedroom condo full of stiff that would probably fit into less than a 10'x10'x10' space. No idea about weight, though.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Have you checked out those 'pod' type of aluminum containers and the various shipping/moving companies that utilize them? They seem about the size of and LD2/3 airline freight container. I occasionally see them on flatbeds around town.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Yes. They quoted me little over $4.5K.
I finally decided to sell everything and only bring the absolute essential. That will fill a 6'X4'X4' box and will cost around $2.5K to ship!

Old 03-31-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFrog View Post
Hello,
I might be interested in sharing a container around that time. I would be coming from Pittsburgh, so it's not too far a drive. However, i've never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure how it all works and what the various size options are, etc. I have a one bedroom condo full of stiff that would probably fit into less than a 10'x10'x10' space. No idea about weight, though.

Cheers
Sorry I decided to sell everything, including my 2 cars!
You may want to get a quote from Uship pod. Their pod is a bit smaller than what you stated, but it seems to be super convenient. I got a quote from them for DC to Makaha for $4.5K.
Good luck, and let me know if you decide to go for a small 20' container. I may put my 6'X4'X4' box in it and share the cost with you. My revised moving date is around late June.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: