Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 PM

3 posts, read 19,731 times

Advertisements

dmoon is totally right. As long as your daughter doesn't try to act better than anybody she will do all right. My kids say that the kids that usually get into trouble are the ones with attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 07:02 AM

10 posts, read 30,803 times
Talking visiting hawaii

I am visiting in July and I really would love to know what to do in Hawaii??
Like is there anything that is going on at this time that would be fun .
what type of outdoor things can I do.
Is there any Yoga studios with on the beach sessions that I could enjoy.
My daughter lives in Ewa Beach I think near the Military Px etc.
How far is the beach from or is that hard to say unless you know exactly where she lives?

I am excited and I want to do some fun things but also would like to know what I am in for I do not like to be the rude tourist where can i get information about speaking the native language pigeon . I love different cultures I think because in american we are such a hodge mix podge of things we really dont have a "culture" it is nice to see people that are close and consider each other family. My daughter and her now husband have a great deal of friends already from the area and I think it is because we have always loved and been very accepting to many new and kind hearted ways and people .......
and yes she wants me out there. I just have older fellows ( pets ) that I am not sure they will make the trip well .... and the quartine issues concern me for them.
We will see !!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM

10 posts, read 92,203 times
I suppose you could try realtor.com They have a large listing of rentals you can browse. If you've already arrived here in Hawaii I stringly suggest you take a drive around the cities your interested in moving and keep a lookout for rental signs =). It seems like a lot of units for rent just arent listed in the papers anymore. GL

Old 06-14-2008, 09:43 PM

812 posts, read 2,306,726 times
They are very raicist in Hawaii. I was born and raised in Hawaii and. The thinking is not like anything you will ever comprehend or really want to. It's best to just not try to and be who you are, if they don't like it don't change. The thinking you are a haole means you are a foreighner is absurd. A Haole means a White person and it has been used very derogatorily. They will not acknowledge caucasians as just that caucasians. The are adamant that White people are Haoles. Every race they joke about and make fun of. They talk about melting pot and yet it will be the most racist place you encounter. It's hardest for children and being someone who was born and raised there, I made a choice that I would not live there and am very happy to be living on the mainland. Here I get called no names. No one looks at my skin color and speaking good English is welcomed!

Old 06-14-2008, 11:35 PM

202 posts, read 1,075,201 times
When everyone finally makes the move to hawaii, please come back here and tell us of your experiences.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,680 times
I have been looking on Craigslist on Oahu and have found many apartments, studio and 1 bedroom for $1000 or less. We are moving there in Sept ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: