Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,826 times

Advertisements

Does anyone one have a phone number for the HOA in Sea Country, I'm trying to contact them and google doesn't seem to help right now. Please let me know if you have Sea Country's HOA number. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,963 times
I've read all the posts and I must chime in to say I have lived in Sea Country for 3 years and I work in downtown Honolulu. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SEA COUNTRY. The area is awesome. I lived in the mainland for 40+ years and there is no where on the island that compares to this area. We live right up against the mountain and see beautiful views of everything. The people are great. As a matter of fact, just about everyone in our neighborhood is basically a transplant. We know every neighbor on our block and that speaks volumes.

I think, unfortunately, the Waianae Coast gets a bad rap because of the Homeless problem that has been an issue in the past and because of the way "foreigners" have been treated in the past. I can't speak for anything that has happened in the past but I can say that this is a great place to live for the money and believe me, I have lived lots of places in the mainland and there is no where like this place in Sea Country. My kids both graduated from public schools in Waianae and they both did well in school. Hope this helps and gives a fresh view from the perspective of someone that actually lives, plays and works in Hawaii. (and yes, I have lived in other places in Hawaii and nothing compares to the Waianae Coast area).

Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,899 times
My husband and I are looking into buying our first home in Sea Country. We're from Waianae and have family there plus the housing prices are great. I was wondering if anyone knew how much the association fee's are at Sea Country? Thank you.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:14 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
They're around $25 per month. covers pool and common area maintance.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,805 times
Default tell me it ain't so

I lived in Aiea over 10 years ago and am trying to get back! I have read on some other sites that there is alot of racial and aggressive behaviors towards "round eyes". I never experienced that when i lived there and started getting worried.I am returning with my 3 kids and want them to grow up with Aloha. Has the island changed so much? I have found a beautiful house in waianea and hopefully a job in honolulu, but if i need to worry about my kids getting beat up on KHD ... it makes me sad to think that the island and it's wonderful community has changed so much.
For 10 years now i have regretted moving back to mainland. And now I am getting ready to come home and i see these posts..... i wanted to show my kids how people can really be, kind, friendly , full of the aloha spirit, all of what i experienced while living there. Someone please tell me that Hawaii hasnt' changed, that it hasn't become like the mainland. Its not the beaches that make Hawaii beautiful, it's the spirit of the people who live there. I hope it still exists.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,713 times
tyrose, I can tell that as a "round eye" as you call it I have not had anything but wonderful experiences since moving to the Waianae Coast. I really do think that alot of the talk on here about how bad it is, is just that, talk. Some may have had a bad experience while visiting here, but I think most have not. Some have a bad experience staying in Waikiki too. It seems that the ones who did see something less than aloha are the ones who post their experience and those who come and enjoy the time they spend here dont post as much. I'm sure alot of people dont even know this site exsists to post possitive comments. If you look around on this site you will see several positive comments about the area, as well as negitive. Personally, I wouldnt live in any other part of the island. With the exception of the traffic going to town its all good. I lived in Wahiawa, and Honolulu 25+ years ago while in the Army and I too heard all the stories about the Waianae Coast and had fear of this side of the island so its not a new thing. After several years of vacations and always staying in Waikiki, we ventured out this way and fell in love with the area, and the people, on our first trip to this side, on the second trip, went house hunting and here we are today, still absolutely in love with the area and enjoying my retirement to the fullest. As I have said in previous posts, you get what you give, and will find what you are looking for, thats all over the country, mainland, Waikiki, or Waianae. If you look for trouble, or a bad experience thats just what you will find. If looking for happiness, and a truly beautiful place then thats what you will find. Good luck in your move

Last edited by timbo31958; 11-30-2010 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: added content

Old 08-11-2011, 01:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,519 times
Have been living here a month and well let's see hmmm have had our house broken into our car stolen have witnessed multiple drug deals
At the access road have to say the magic o this place wore off real
Quick can't wait to leave if there was more of a police presence might be willing to stay

Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,713 times
And those thing dont happen where you came from?? Must be nice lets all move to dreamland.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoyarc View Post
Have been living here a month and well let's see hmmm have had our house broken into our car stolen have witnessed multiple drug deals
At the access road have to say the magic o this place wore off real
Quick can't wait to leave if there was more of a police presence might be willing to stay
In order to get more police presence, you'll have to start calling in the crimes you see. The police work on statistics, so an area with few calls will get few visits and drive throughs. You might also join the neighborhood watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu