Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 PM

77 posts, read 288,316 times

Advertisements

I'm going to Oahu to get married in a few days, and we'll need to rent a car. We can't turn it in everyday because our wedding is at sunrise. Our hotel is $25 bucks a night, which is a lot for someone who just had their income drop by 42% as the result of a paycut and hourly cutback. I wouldn't mind riding the bus for 15 minutes to get back to my hotel. Is there anywhere within 15 minutes by bus to the HHV that has parkng for less? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay to park one night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM

52 posts, read 204,233 times
I hope this does not sound rude, but If I were flying to Hawaii for a wedding, even in tough times, I don't think I would let saving $25 take away 15 minutes from my wedding night. I would say bite the bullet & enjoy the wife.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:13 PM

2,272 posts, read 4,140,039 times
It really is far easier to just pay the fee. If you do not want to do that- try to find parking along the Ala Wai- please be certain to read the posted signs and you will have to be very lucky to find a spot (parallel parking).

Other parking lots are much more expensive than your hotel for overnight parking. I agree with TexasCasey- just park at the hotel and enjoy yourselves.

Best wishes for your lives together!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 68,131 times
Aloha pumpking eater,
I know that there is a public parking structure right across the street from where your at that might be cheaper. I know that it is affiliated with the Hale Koa hotel so you can see if they would have information on the price there other than that i would say that you should just pay the price one fall back on that is hopefully the hotel is not booked with other engagements that night because if they are they sometime fill up to where even guest who has paid doesn't get a parking till late night hope this helps. Oh and congrats on the wedding

Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 PM

The rates for the Hale Koa parking lot (the lot across from HHV)are as follows:
$4.00 for the first hour
$2.50 for every hour thereafter
$36.00 for 24 hour parking.

So depending upon when you park the vehicle it could be just as if not more than expensive than your own hotel. So if you parked at 2200hrs until 0600 it would be $24.00. Where would you be parking from the time you pick up the vehicle until parking for the night? The chance of finding more economical parking is slight- as I said you MIGHT try the Ala Wai but is the $25.00 saved really worth the aggravation (not to mention walking to the hotel in full wedding regalia would be, ummm, different)?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM

25 posts, read 159,852 times
I was recently on Oahu for the day and found parking at the Waikiki Banyan on Ohua St. for $10, for 24hrs. I thought it was a great deal and in a good proximity to the main part of Waikiki. Here is the link to the map: waikiki banyan - Google Maps

Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,581,998 times
Is the hotel Outrigger Waikiki still around? The was there back in 90' and enjoyed it. I plan to take a vacation in August and would like to stay there again.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 AM

77 posts, read 288,316 times
Thanks for the help everyone :-)

Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Ohua is on the opposite side of Waikiki. If it is really worth it to walk through Waikiki in Wedding attire then it may be an option- but is sweating in your wedding attire really worth saving such a negligible amount? At least at his own hotel he will have in and out privileges and the vehicle is right there- not at the other end of the strip.

It is $25.00 (not even a decent bottle of champagne!)- spend the time with your bride not trekking to find your car! Again- have a wonderful life together...

Old 03-27-2009, 07:41 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,542,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinGirl View Post
I was recently on Oahu for the day and found parking at the Waikiki Banyan on Ohua St. for $10, for 24hrs. I thought it was a great deal and in a good proximity to the main part of Waikiki. Here is the link to the map: waikiki banyan - Google Maps
I park at this place if I need to. You can take the car out any time for a 24 hour period. I would say its about the opposite end of waikiki as far as the HHV is. about a 15 min. walk.

when I worked at the HHV we parked on the beach side. You need to go ocean side of the Ilikai. you will find free parking in the front there. they did however put up allot of meters so... you might just need to recheck that one..

Oh I would also park there friday nights... HHV has a fireworks show.... 730pm every friday. I can see it form my house as well just going there is soo much better... G/l......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu