Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM

206 posts, read 712,849 times

Advertisements

We just got back Saturday from our first trip to Oahu (first BUT not last) We had an awesome time!! We stayed at Outrigger Reef and the beach was great.. we didn't know about the rocks and coral but bought some water shoes and everything was fine. The water was so calm... compared to what we are used to. We rented a jeep for a few days and drove around and saw some amazing things. My fav was Pearl Harbor... that was an amazing place.. you don't really "get it" till you have been there. Everyone was so nice!!! Only bad thing was we didn't get to see Dog and Beth Chapman .. we love their show. I'm sure they get tired of everyone coming by there but one of the employees told us they were out of town anyway.. we drove around back and no cars either.... we were stalkers.. sad huh haha!!!
We are planning on coming back in a couple of years.. this time to the Big Island.. or cruise. We loved it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,539,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie0929 View Post
We just got back Saturday from our first trip to Oahu (first BUT not last) We had an awesome time!! We stayed at Outrigger Reef and the beach was great.. we didn't know about the rocks and coral but bought some water shoes and everything was fine. The water was so calm... compared to what we are used to. We rented a jeep for a few days and drove around and saw some amazing things. My fav was Pearl Harbor... that was an amazing place.. you don't really "get it" till you have been there. Everyone was so nice!!! Only bad thing was we didn't get to see Dog and Beth Chapman .. we love their show. I'm sure they get tired of everyone coming by there but one of the employees told us they were out of town anyway.. we drove around back and no cars either.... we were stalkers.. sad huh haha!!!
We are planning on coming back in a couple of years.. this time to the Big Island.. or cruise. We loved it!!
Happy for you!

If you rented a Jeep on Oahu, I will bet you will really like the Big Island. Lots of places to go off-road, lots of mild stuff that won't get you in trouble with the rental car company... Let's just say that to ensure that the rental car company didn't penalize us on our numerous trips around the Big Island, that the local car washes must have really liked the amount of money we spent in quarters...

Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM

96 posts, read 307,724 times
I am glad that you had a good time. We are going in August and Da Kine is one of the top places on our "must see" list of things to do!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,598,888 times
Dont forget the Da Kine on the BI also!

Old 06-18-2009, 06:09 PM

Well I hope you get to see Dog and the gang!! I am pretty sure the employee wasn't lying to us... everytime we kept going back no cars were in the back etc. We were so sad... I had to take a pic of one of the huge cut out things of Dog in their store instead
If you get pics of them please post them.. I want to see!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Our trip to Oahu-234.jpg   Our trip to Oahu-230.jpg  

Old 06-18-2009, 07:12 PM

2,272 posts, read 4,139,086 times
I am so glad that you had a good time and I hope that you come back and see us again. I think that Hawaii is a very special place, with special people and I love to share her with our brothers and sistes on the mainland. Aloha a hui hou, Melanie

Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM

682 posts, read 2,798,659 times
Hah! Da Kine is not too far from my place... I drive by it all the time. But I've only ever seen Dog & Beth at Whole Foods.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,975,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie0929 View Post
ALOHA!
We got the Hawaii sickness 6 years ago and have been back there 4 times and we're heading back again this September. We've been to 3 islands but prefer Oahu.
I agree, everyone is SO nice, it's the Aloha spirit.

Glad you had an awesome time!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM

yep.. I think we have a new favorite vacation spot now.. we usually go to Folly Beach, SC and it is alot like Oahu in the sense that everything is so laid back and everyone is so friendly. We hope to make it back there in a couple of years... not sure we can afford it every year! I think we have decided to alternate.. one year a "cheaper" vacation and the next a really nice one.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 AM

806 posts, read 2,345,979 times
I would have totally gone to Da Kine to see them too!! I love the whole "DOG" crew!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu