Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:17 PM

44 posts, read 264,589 times

Advertisements

Hey thanks all for that information!!!

My little doggie is here with me now sitting under a plumeria tree in the shade. Glad we did our homework! The process was easy once we picked him up at the dept of ag quarantine station just outside the aiport. Sorry to start the whole "quarantine" debate. Those that start the process early and work with their vet will be benefitted through the whole process. After all, that is what you pay the vet for. Loving Oahu so far, now time to find a job......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 05:21 PM

432 posts, read 1,204,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lootie View Post
Hey thanks all for that information!!!

My little doggie is here with me now sitting under a plumeria tree in the shade. Glad we did our homework! The process was easy once we picked him up at the dept of ag quarantine station just outside the aiport. Sorry to start the whole "quarantine" debate. Those that start the process early and work with their vet will be benefitted through the whole process. After all, that is what you pay the vet for. Loving Oahu so far, now time to find a job......
Welcome! Glad the mainland quarantine process went so smoothly for you! I remember picking ours up at the ag station at HNL after their on-their-mainland quarantine. They were so happy to see us, and I couldn't actually believe I done the complex quarantine procedure correctly!

And, yes, we couldn't have done it without a vet who knew what she was doing!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 AM

292 posts, read 949,686 times
So glad you made it and all is OK . Clearance at the airport is one of my main sources of worry. I feel it's like going to the Wizard of Oz.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,593,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise31 View Post
So glad you made it and all is OK . Clearance at the airport is one of my main sources of worry. I feel it's like going to the Wizard of Oz.
I agree!

Could the people that have gone thru the process post either in a new tread or this one all about what you do during the clearance of your dog. This i think would help al of u that are going to go through this.

Mahalo

Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 AM

292 posts, read 949,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
I agree!

Could the people that have gone thru the process post either in a new tread or this one all about what you do during the clearance of your dog. This i think would help al of u that are going to go through this.

Mahalo
Excellent idea!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM

36 posts, read 306,740 times
Yep, the direct-airport release quarantine process is so much work, you really need to make sure you get every single detail down.

I remember this woman in front of us was frantically calling her vet in Japan because there was a typo in her form about the vaccination year or some such. It was all smooth sailing at the quarantine station for us - glad it worked out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu