Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,648 times

Advertisements

I'll be in Honolulu for Spring break and I'm a single guy...where's the happening singles spots with a decent male/female ratio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,675,099 times
Hawaii is not like the California/Florida style spring break areas. I see Hawaii as all you get is the other spring breakers looking for the same thing. So you may want to bring your own women. Hawaii resident women are not as loose as on the mainland when it comes to parties. There is a lot of asian, pacific islander, south pacific influance so women who have been on Hawaii for some time are a little more proud of themself.
You can try to hang out where the military hangs out, I am sure there are women who party and date there.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Ahh thanks for the tip...I don't really care about hooking up but it would be nice to find someone to dance or hang out at the beach with, or buy a drink or something.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM

I'll hang out at the beach with you.
and if you buy me enough drinks, I may even dance with you!

If you are looking for the general night life and don't mind hanging out with all the tourist women, just about anyplace where the big hotels and shopping malls will work.

Someone did post some good nightlife places that were good for the general party type.

But whatever you do, do NOT go to this hotel and interact with the entertainers!
Hulu - Hawaiian Hotel

Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,094 times
Women on Hawaii aren't any more proud of themselves than anywhere else, don't fall for that. There's places in Downtown/Chinatown (O'Toole's, Indigo) and places around Waikiki (Hideaway, although that's not for everyone) and some club place I hear people go to often but I'm not into. There's places.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,588,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post

If you are looking for the general night life and don't mind hanging out with all the tourist women, just about anyplace where the big hotels and shopping malls will work.

Someone did post some good nightlife places that were good for the general party type.

But whatever you do, do NOT go to this hotel and interact with the entertainers!
Hulu - Hawaiian Hotel

That's my favorite place!!!!
I have the hat that goes with it!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Awww

Quote:

Hulu - Hawaiian Hotel
Quote:
That's my favorite place!!!!
I have the hat that goes with it!

Thanks for the info...so what's the deal with this place? I watched the video I assume it's one of those places where they heckle the customers? What hotel is it in I might get a kick out of it actually lol

Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM

Not a real hotel. I get asked a lot if thats the way it really is at hotels. I tell people that the hotels want tourist so many go way out to please.

When we are transporting a mega convention or corportate mega party to Hawaii, some of their planers are concern that the events and entertainment they booked may be a bit chessy. I tell them people go to Hawaii to experince the pacific islands, they don't want to see the zoo, or visit a art museaum, they want to see laua's, they want that grass skirt dancing. They want to see their version of Hawaii from travel pictures and movies. I say do it, live the smooth traveling tycoon or playboy on an excotic south pacific adventure. Maybe the people will be actors who are made up or pretend to be Hawaiian, but what the heck. So long as you leave feeling like you experiences Hawaii (and you know this is not everyday life), hawaii did its job of making you a happy tourist and maybe you'll come back agin and again and again (and bring friends).

Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM

82 posts, read 478,844 times
Couple of recommendations if you're looking to mingle:

1. Sign up for tourist/bar hopping event. You pay a flat rate up front (~$30 a person) for a free dinner buffet, then a free drink at ~5 bars you hop to that night. You are with a group of people the entire time, typically young singles/groups looking for a good time. There are street vendors on Kalakaua/Kuhio in Waikiki that sell tickets for these events usually during the afternoon/early evening.

2. Do a day time catamaran cruise off of Waikiki beach. Roughly ~90 minutes, booze, music, swimming in the ocean, awesome views, etc etc. I've ridden the Na Hoku II (departs just outside Dukes/Outrigger Waikiki). It's ~$30, open bar. Lots of mingling.

For a casual/non-dress code bar scene check out: Lulu's (water view), Red Lion (dancing, pool, karaoke), Dukes (on the water, tiki bar feel), Legends (hole in the wall, good people, darts) , Mad Dogs (dancing, pool) , Kelly O' Neils (live music, dancing, cigarette smoking allowed), Moose moose Mcgillycuddy's (dancing), Arnolds (hole in the wall), Irish Rose (live music, dancing, cigarette smoking allowed).

There are many others! May as well duck into anything you stumble across in Waikiki. Mostly all tourists. If you don't like it, walk a block or less to another one.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,345,128 times
Almost any bar in Waikiki is going to have tourist women who will be there for roughly the same reason you are-short-term company for two weeks in an extremely romantic location. Don't come off as a jerk looking to just get laid and you'll be head and shoulders above a lot of the other tourist men and military.

Tip: Australian women tourists *nod*, especially if you are simply looking for some company for a couple of weeks. Little fling, see some sights together, and bam, you're out of each other's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: