Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 07:23 PM

220 posts, read 269,880 times

Advertisements

New to area and need to find an ENT Doctor to have some wax removal done. I've been to different doctors in previous places I've lived with mixed results. The best I've found are one's that actually can suck the wax out of the ear canal with a high tech vacuum. I don't want to go to a Doctor that just picks away at the wax. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 12:01 AM

6,474 posts, read 10,341,133 times
I can suggest/recommend Dr. Schmidt with Ocala Ear Nose and Throat in the Cala Hills Medical center. You can look up their phone # online and see if he uses/has the tool you mentioned/prefer.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:52 AM

3,433 posts, read 2,401,655 times
You don't need a doctor for that. Get some hydrogen peroxide. Fill one of those oral syringes (used to sluice water between teeth, and also used to give doses of liquid medicine to pets) to around 1/4 full with the peroxide.

Lean your head over - you can rest the top of your head against the wall if it's easier to balance. Slowly push the plunger, adding a few drops at a time to your outer ear canal. (You should NOT insert the syringe down the canal - just perch it over the opening) It'll bubble and make weird thumping sounds as the liquid replaces the air in there. Add it slowly until you can feel the liquid just starting to touch the outer canal. Stand there a minute or two until the bubbling slows down to a bare minimum (or none at all if you have the patience for that) and the thumping sound is completely gone.

Then, lean over the bathroom sink with your head tilted the other way so that the liquid can drain out. It will feel gross, but there is no pain in this process at all.

Repeat with the other side.

Do this once every month, if you have regular problems with wax buildup.

Old 12-05-2021, 06:19 PM

Thanks for the advise. My wife,a retired RN nurse, has done this for me for years. It works well but certain times it's just too much for this procedure. I need to find a Doctor who can extract the big stuff this time.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:50 PM

I went to Ocala ENT and found I had an infection in my ear. The whole experience was good and would recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: