Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 04:33 AM

3 posts, read 14,549 times

Advertisements

Before anyone starts, yes I know about Marion Oaks. I have lived in Ocala for 16 years and know many people who live in Marion Oaks, have spent plenty of time in Marion Oaks and I know personally that it is not how people make it out to be.

So I will be moving in January and I would like to know some high speed internet providers. Maybe if someone could tell me how much they pay for it, and if they can got bundles with Dish Network or DirecTV or anyone else I'm not aware of. I live in central Ocala now, so I've had Cox cable up to this point so I don't know much about that in Marion Oaks. Any info would be appreciated...Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:12 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
For Marion Oaks for satellite TV, go with Dish Network. Direct TV does not give you local channels for Ocala like WCJB TV 20, only "local" stations that are in Orlando. For high speed internet, I have Centurylink cable internet bundled with my land phone line and the internet is only $14.95. The land phone line is about $29.95 a month before all those crazy taxes and fees they tack on the bill.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 PM

26 posts, read 121,055 times
I have brighthouse networks for $48 a month, I have dish network and not brighthouse cable service. But Im in SW ocala not marion oaks. I have ooma voip for my phone, I paid $150-200 for the hardware and I don't get a phone bill. You dont have to leave your computer on for the phone to work, you just need the internet connection, I hooked up the hardware in under 30 minutes.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:44 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,320 times
We're in Dunnellon, and have AT&T for DSL. We went with DirecTV (which we had back in NJ), since my husband and I have been NY Yankee fans for over 50 years and moving to Florida isn't going to change that for either of us. Dish Network refuses to carry the YES Network, which is a primary viewing channel for both of us.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM

35 posts, read 122,925 times
I personally have bright house...I think it works very good...Good plan to...You can get internet phone and cable for 100 a month...And they all work great..But customer service is a pain in the ***

Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 14,549 times
Thanks for all replies. I was looking into brighthouse because I noticed they were the only ones in that area who bundle everything together. Dish and Direct you have to get it through another company.

Just curious tho...do you know how much it is for HBO, Showtime channels? I can't seem to find any info on that on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala