Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,492,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
When people visit Youngstown, where do they stay? Is Boardman the best bet? It's been a little over 20 years since I've lived in Mahoning County and I no longer have close family in that area, other than in NW PA. We bounced around the idea of driving up for the fair and to see various sites and it was interesting that few hotels or B & B showed up within Youngstown. Most that showed up seem to be of the Super 8, Motel 6, Days Inn variety.
Yeah, for now, Boardman is probably the place you'd stay.

But, on the bright side, there should be a hotel downtown in a couple years: Hotel Online

--edit--
The Stambaugh Building is seen in picture #9, in my first post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,318,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Yeah, for now, Boardman is probably the place you'd stay.

But, on the bright side, there should be a hotel downtown in a couple years: Hotel Online

--edit--
The Stambaugh Building is seen in picture #9, in my first post.
That could be nice.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:45 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,834,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
When people visit Youngstown, where do they stay? Is Boardman the best bet? It's been a little over 20 years since I've lived in Mahoning County and I no longer have close family in that area, other than in NW PA. We bounced around the idea of driving up for the fair and to see various sites and it was interesting that few hotels or B & B showed up within Youngstown. Most that showed up seem to be of the Super 8, Motel 6, Days Inn variety.

Buinesss opportunity: Open the "Welcome to the Jungle B&B. Youngstown, OH." LOL, ain't gonna happen.

B&Bs have been declining in popularity. If you want one of those, Tara and Buhn Mansion in PA, Julia's in Hubbard, Inn At the Green in Poland, Columbiana Inn in Columbiana, Dream Horse Guesthouse on Rt. 7 in Kinsman. Maybe some others. McGoffin House in Mercer closed a few years ago, and I think there was another B&B in Mercer but it also closed.

eta: Casa DaCosta in Mercer is a newer one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio